What's new

✅ SOLVED what was this

mmocha2905

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any ideas
 

Attachments

  • 1548431123210.webp
    1548431123210.webp
    275.2 KB · Views: 173
Just realized I told the OP to zoom in...lol sorry mmocha2905...
 
Upvote 0
Aromatic lid for a Mason jar.
 
Upvote 0
One of those pipe lids... but ehhh... the item in question seems a bit larger than even a large "bowl" but ? ? ?

Anyway... this is a great mystery what is it. heh

Its got me guessing as well.

At first I thought this was definitely a parmesan cheese / crushed red pepper dispenser at first glance ... was certain of it until I saw the "side holes"... which defeats that theory completely.
 
Upvote 0
Sheesh I have even looked at everything from incense burners to Absinth strainers.

I got nothing. :P
 
Upvote 0
Same here...but I'm not positive we've ID'd it yet....???
 
Upvote 0
That's what I thought at first but couldn't google an exact match...

Yep. And the holes on the side don't make sense for that either I guess.
 
Upvote 0
I even thought of some type of old lawn mower carburetor oil air cleaner cover.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know why this object bothers me... heh

At this point... I think more pictures are needed please.

Pictures of reverse / inside ... close up of sides... Especially ANY "breaks" in the metal OR marks.

Anything rough spots around the rim or anywhere on it for that matter should be photographed and posted.

I am surprised none of us... including me... has requested more pictures by now.

IS this object "bugging / nagging" anyone else as to its purpose ? ? ?

I do not know why this thing is dragging me ... it bothers me I don't know what it is... and I KNOW its gotta be something really simple.
 
Upvote 0
more pictures coming soon, sorry, i forgot about this mystery
 
Upvote 0
Here are 3 more pictures to help
 

Attachments

  • 1555591343313.webp
    1555591343313.webp
    330.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 1555591395658.webp
    1555591395658.webp
    180.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 1555591447794.webp
    1555591447794.webp
    183.9 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
Burner cover for a kerosene stove.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom