What's new

✅ SOLVED what was this

mmocha2905

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any ideas
 

Attachments

  • 1548431123210.webp
    1548431123210.webp
    275.2 KB · Views: 173
A shaker top of some sort ???
 
Upvote 0
Half of a tea ball/infuser.

Vintage-Tea-Ball-Spice-Stock-Strainer-Large-55.webp
 
Upvote 0
Or quite possibly an early prototype for a hockey player's cup protector. Looks like the puck found it's mark! Sorry, got cabin fever up here!
 
Upvote 0
Or quite possibly an early prototype for a hockey player's cup protector. Looks like the puck found it's mark! Sorry, got cabin fever up here!


:laughing7: The mind does wander!
 
Upvote 0
To sprinkle water on clothes before ironing. I think?
 
Upvote 0
Pizza restaurants have large shaker tops for parmesan cheese or pepper seeds.But I like duggap's suggestion of a water shaker for ironing clothes.I think the determining factor is the size of the holes in it laundry sprinklers had small holes like a shower head and salt and pepper shakers were small also.So I think it was for larger items to be shook from it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It has holes along the edges so I don't think its a lid of some sort...???

EDIT: as in a shaker lid...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back side of an old bicycle bell?
 
Upvote 0
Or quite possibly an early prototype for a hockey player's cup protector. Looks like the puck found it's mark! Sorry, got cabin fever up here!
I hear ya that's funny its only gonna get worse this next week. sounds painful
 
Upvote 0
Salt shaker lid
 
Upvote 0
I think DCMatt nailed it
 
Upvote 0
Didn't see the coin reference its a lid for like a parmeson shaker or oregano shaker like at a pizza place.
 
Upvote 0
The holes are too big for a tea ball. With holes around the edge, I would say it was on the end of a hose that was used in pumping water from a stream or lake for irrigation. I am unable to post pictures, but maybe someone could do it for me.
 
Upvote 0
After looking at it zoomed in as lairmo said it does have holes in the side and no threads to screw it on as a shaker lid. I changed my way of thinking and believe it is an old sink strainer and we are looking at the bottom of it.
 
Upvote 0
If the size would fit,

I would indentify as pipe lid.

(Tobacco, not water :-))


Greets Namxat
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom