What's new

What would you do - Is there anything that can be done?

Mojave

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
Hello everyone. I have a question to pose:

What would you do if you thought there was a Spanish vault, most likely comparable to Victorio peak NM, in a remote area in Mexico? Would there be anything anyone in the U.S. could do? Anything?

Remember, Victorio Peak is said to have contained approx 16,000 gold bars (45 - 60 lbs a piece), along with all the other things the Spanish used to make (Statues, crowns, crosses, etc) for their government to use when they occupied the new world (which never happened). Victorio also contained things from as late as the 1800's as well, which was wierd, but this vault would just be Spanish from the 1500's.

Anyway....I'm trying to think "outside the box" on this, but am getting nowhere. ??? :icon_scratch:
 
I have a friend that back in the late 1980's went down to Guerrero, Mexico to dig chevron amethyst.
He paid the gov't for the right to dig and remove the amethyst from the site. He and his crew spent
months digging and loading up 50 gallon barrels with the amethyst. When he got ready to come back,
a small army of men came with machetes and small arms and tried to take it. He left without putting
up much of a fight or even discussion. Within hours, he's amassed a somewhat larger army of paid
locals that also had guns and machetes, went back in a got his amethyst out of the country.
The man's name is Gayland Chadwick. I used to go on lesser digs with him to local N.C. sites. He
was very quiet and unassuming. We used to kid him about being a vegetarian and Birkinstock wearer.
But when it came to business and money, he didn't play.
Now I guess what I'm saying or asking here is: How bad do you want this gold? There are ways,
but even in TJ, you ain't in the U.S. anymore.

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Pass your friend off as an amateur film maker and you his production manager - location scout and get your film crew together and pack everything in by mule.

Your friend pretends to film while you scout locations, loading up your gold into your Pelican cases, say your good byes to the local help and walk back into town, load up and -

viola'!

You got the gold, dude!
 
hio Ramapirate: you posted -->

He paid the gov't for the right to dig and remove the amethyst from the site.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I presume that you are referring to a mining claim title? There are permanent records of this if so, and a certain protection.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ You also Posted -->

Within hours, he's amassed a somewhat larger army of paid
locals that also had guns and machetes, went back in a got his amethyst
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Odd, since like everyone, else all firearms had been banned from the citizenry during Echeverria's reign, 70's. still banned. Machetes possibly yes, firearms, doubtful.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You also posted -->

you ain't in the U.S. anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True, but unfortunately the end result is the same, it is just that we are more subtle up here sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. sorry to pick at your story, loved it, but I have an idea.
 
Hey Real Tapioca,
I have absolutely nothing to gain by fabricating a story! This is exactly the way the incident was relayed
to me in the 1980's. I was up here in North Carolina waiting to go through the amethyst and clean it
with acid and high grade it for Gayland out at my brothers farm. He called from Mexico the day he was supposed to be back and told me he hit a snag, but he had the rock. He told me the whole story upon his arrival home. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but it just sort of pi$$es me off to be picked apart.
How much time have you spent in Mexico? Do you know what a "tribute" is and how things are really done down in Mexico? As I stated in my earlier, it ain't the U.S. and things go down a little different down there.

HH,
Ramapirate
 
And yes Tadpolia, I'm aware of where Alamos is. It on the West Coast across the inlet from Baja.
That obviously doesn't make you an authority on Guerrero. You know you aren't supposed to
start crap on here, and if you hadn't there wouldn't be any. Please do not speak of things you
have no clue of.

I'll quit now before this gets out of hand.

HH,
Ramapirate
 
HI Ramapirate; My, MY, relax, I have never called anyone a err, ah, prevaricator, nor insulted anyone, as the others here can testify. However, I do demand the righ to ask questions.

You posted -->

I really don't care if you believe me or not, but it just sort of pi$$es me off to be picked apart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sheesh, you asked for ideas, how can one answer until one knows of some of the details and which are accurate? So I asked and ----? sorry, that was Mohave.

Inicdentally, I have always asked to have my stories picked apart in order to know what will hold up and what will not, basic M.O.D. of any research.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You also posted -->

How much time have you spent in Mexico?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does almost continous residence since 1955 qualify?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also -->

it ain't the U.S. and things go down a little different down there.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We agree on this, but this is true of any country that I have explored, from the Gobi,
China, the Pacific basin, to the unexplored regions of Mexico
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

.Also -->

I'm aware of where Alamos is. It on the West Coast across the inlet from Baja
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, approximately 75 miles inland, never has been a secret?.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also-->

That obviously doesn't make you an authority on Guerrero
~~~~~~~~~~~~
In itself, correct, but does living off of the country on Michoacan, & Guerro preparing for the 6 mo trip into the jungles of Yucatan / Quintan roo looking for Mayan ruins help? Obviously we were in "close" conatact with the local people.

Incidentally, this was in 1955, there were no roads in either state on the western half. i.e. Coast, just trails,. some of which we made.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also -->

You know you aren't supposed to
start crap on here, and if you hadn't there wouldn't be any.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm, sigh
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

finally you posted -->

Please do not speak of things you have no clue of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pernaps not, sniff. but trying to find out. One can only try.

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
Okay that's better, I accept your heartfelt apology. Sory I was snotty.

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Thank you Real de Tayopa for trashing a good post. You should say your sorry... Is there not a motorator post about questioning people. Now your little childish argument with eachother will make them not want to post to this topic. You ruined a good post.... I wish people would not do this, you said sorry for picking his post apart. Then you pick the next one apart too... You should say sorry !!

:evil7:
 
HI my friend mud: Are you seriously telling me that no-one should ask any questions of "any" story posted in here? Especially mine? Nor specify which statements in another's post that are being addressed? Hmmmm

As for ramapirate, what I was leading up to was that Guerro hosted the main road from Acapulco to Mexico city. The major part of the enormous amount of metal from the northern mining zones passed this way.

This was done by smaller coastal shipping, since the huge gangs of bandits almost stopped shipments by animal on landl.

As it turned out, he was into semiprecious stones, while Mohave was into a deposit. Regardless, would you prefer that no-one answered Mohave's or ramapirate's posts? Not too many are intimately acquainted with Mexico, especially the back country in that zone?

If so, then I will bow to your judgement and no longer post any data on Mexico on this particular subject in this site.

Sorry Mohave, but if you wish, em me. I am quite wiling to give any information that I might have freely, with no strings attached.

Real_Tayopa@hotmail.com

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
I honestly can't see anything Don Jose de La Mancha needs to be sorry for. If someone makes a post.
Then they must be looking for comment's on it. Questions are going to be ask.
Don Jose de La Mancha would be one of your best source's to seek information from. If you just read
up on some of his post, you will see the man knows what he's talking about.

Roadquest
 
I can bet you won't find gold bars there, if it's from the 1500's you can bet the whole place has been searched thousands of times and all remains taken. Now if it was like 1980 then yeah there would be a chance.
 
If...If I were planning a treasure trip to Mexico, Realdy would be the first person I would consult on this forum. I can see why he would question the post. And I don't think he was trying to pick it apart knowing him as I do. I think he was only trying to find out more so he could answer your question better and he is highly qualified to answer any questions about Mexico treasure or anything else Mexico. Sorry anyone was offended but if you knew Realdy as I do and had shared as many conversations over the forum you wouldn't have become upset. The way you heard the story could have been embellished a bit as most adventure stories are. I don't think anyone would purposly lie about something so trivial. So, please, let's be cool and discuss the topic when cooler heads prevail. It is a very interesting topic and I would like to read the responses without ranchor. Thanks for listening. M :thumbsup: nty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom