what would you grade this 1913 half dollar?

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
what would you grade this 1913S half dollar?

I am just getting into grading i would grade this coin F 12 am I right or should it be more or less?

i7Cp4EJ3R9EWM.JPG

iGVcszEsy1c1n.JPG

Upvote 0
I'd say you're pretty close. Its nearly impossible to grade from a pic, and I am certainly no grading guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd put it at vg10.

I'm with Arkie. I'd like to see more of the Liberty for F12.

I'm with Arkie. I'd like to see more of the Liberty for F12.

That would be the norm for Barbers. 1913 is a Key Date along with 14 and 15 if I am not mistaken.
Did you find it CRH?

I enlarged the photo and could only see the L in Liberty. There may be a hint of the I also, but I could see no trace of the Y. These are typically the 3 letters that are at least partially visible for VG coins. While all other aspects of the coin are super nice for the grade, without better photos, based on what I see it is a super nice G

I enlarged the photo and could only see the L in Liberty. There may be a hint of the I also, but I could see no trace of the Y. These are typically the 3 letters that are at least partially visible for VG coins. While all other aspects of the coin are super nice for the grade, without better photos, based on what I see it is a super nice G

I dont see the liberty at all where is it located?

You need 3 letters in liberty to grade a vg that coin would grade a g-6 or g-8. Full liberty for a fine-12 or 15

I dont see the liberty at all where is it located?

Look up a picture of a Mint State Barber half dollar... Then you will see where it is located. I used to be convinced that the barber dimes didnt have Liberty on them, until I got one that is MS... It rubs off pretty quick.

Although I am not anything other than a total newbie to this amazing hobby. (coins). I would say it is G8 at best. I used one of the grading books I have, and compared pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back