TreasureTales said:
TheHarleyMan2, you're preaching to the choir (or at least one member of the choir) when you direct all your grievances at me. I'm the one who spends time in the politics forum discussing the very same points you raise here. Where are you? I'm the one who wants people to stand up and refuse to pay draconian fees and taxes. I vote, I write letters, and I make phone calls. Do you? I fought tooth and nail to stop the amnesty bill. Did you?
I know all about the CFR, SPP, NAU, ad nauseam. So before you jump all over me about my statements here, maybe you should check my background and see that I'm on YOUR side. Don't attack me, I support the Constititution and the Bill of Rights. I'm one of those "bitter" gun-toting, Bible-thumping small town folks that Obama ridiculed recently. I'm a lifetime member of the NRA. I'm a retired person trying to live on a small fixed income who believes I'll never see a cent of the money I was forced to pay into Social Security.
Thanks for your service to OUR country. But you need to keep in mind that you're not the only one who serves - "they also serve who stand and wait."
I have to buy a fishing license in order to maintain the trout populations in the streams and lakes. I have to buy a hunting license in order to maintain viable herds and open spaces. I DON"T need to get a permit to hunt in parks while others (including illegal aliens) are doing more damage than I am. If you think you should get a permit for metal detecting just as you need a license for hunting or fishing, then YOU are part of the problem, not me. If you can't see the differences, no wonder this country is screwed.
Hello TT,
I didn't mean for you to feel I am or was attacking you. As to your first question. I just joined this site a couple of months ago so I haven't had much time to get into political discussions as I jsut got back this past Sunday from training at Fort Polk, La. I have been able to get online here while I was at my training site at Fort Polk, but it has limited me to certain lengthy discussions. When it DOES come to political issues that concerns me, I DO VOICE my oppions, and votes where it concerns where I live, (which is in Pflugerville, outside of Austin, Texas). I don't like paying taxes and if you read the signature on the bottom of my post you can get an idea how I feel about taxes and such and the rest of the country where it concerns, MY MONEY that the government uses WITHOUT MY CONSENT! As far as the amnesty bill, YES, I am against it and fought tooth and nail as well! Why do you think I made in my signature if I was president on closing the borders?
I as well am a gun toten, gun owner and collector, I am ALSO a member of the NRA, Endoument, Benifactor, and Life member as well, want me to show you my placks? I am GLAD you are ON MY SIDE as we ALL need to STAND TOGETHER and FIGHT our government!!!! OBAMA nor HILLARY will get ANY of MY VOTES!
I know it is sad with elderly people on how much money they get on SSN. I have ALSO, sent letters to our government on those concerns. I am also self employed which I filed with the IRS NOT to pay into SSN. I can't control on the military deduction on SSN as they deduct it anyway, (regardless of what I filed with the IRS, go firgure!) The reason is by the time I retire, (I am 45 years old), SSN will most likely not exist. I believe that is someone has worked all thier lives and paid into SSN, lets say, $75,000.00. with the interest the government is making the elderly should be getting more than $3,000.00 a month. But, all this leads down to one thing, OUR GOVERNMENT has fallen to CRAP!!!!! The rich get richer and the poor get poorer! It is a DANG SHAME!
Thank you, I always loved my country and I used to want to be a 30 year veteran. Over the past few years it went from 30-20, and now I can't wait to get out. I am not affraid of dying. I been to alomsot every conflict since 1989 and I have spent ALL my carreer in Special Operations. I am tired of the political crap on what I have to get permission to take someones like ONLY IF THEY SHOOT FIRST!, Most of the time we are able to do our jobs, But certain areas where public population is we haev to get permission. I will give you an example. You see someone, (that is certainly identified as a combatant) carrying an RPG, and there is 1-3 others with them carrying AK-47's and we have to wait and watch, ONLY if they are pointing their weapons as us and fire first. Some of the times we see just 1 person carrying an RPG, but we haev to get permission to take him out!
As far as getting permits for anything, I vote against it and I am NOT for buying or paying anymore to our government. But here in Austin the Austin Metal Detecting Club here, (which I am going to be a member of), as I was unable to go to their meetings to join as I was in training, I won't be able to join them as I will be back at Fort Polk, La for the whole month of May. I have spoken through e-mail to Blaine who is the secretary of AMDC and explained that I can not come to the meetings yet as Uncle Sam has me for the time being to prevent me from attending at the time and he understands that as well as the administrator Cecil.
Everyone has their oppinions, the government is going to do what they want in most cases regardless of the small few who protest them! In MY OPPION as well as others here in the club, we don't want to have to pay for permits, but if the city is telling us they will allow us to detect with purchasing permits for the city parks around here some are with it, just to let us on the parks, etc, some are against it. The club here is doing everything they can, (I have even sent letters to elected officials as I was unable to attend any of the hearings) on the subject of metal detecting here. To me, if they want us to purchase a $5 or $10 permit for a year to gain access to detect in the parks in the county area that ARE NOW off limits to detecting, I see no problem with it if it can get us access to the parks, etc, that are NOW off limits. I agree, that other sports and activities does more damage that we to when it comes to property. Liter and vandalizm is a big problem here. Which I am sure you already know. Most people don't give a rats butt what they do to trash up areas. It is sad!
If you think that because if I agree to pay for a permit and thinking "I am part of the problem" evidently you don't know me that well! I can voice my oppinion here on how I feel on the subject, but it would be one long post! We all have to come to some sort of medium with our government when it comes to laws. I can stand up and fight my protest on fuel prices, taxes, etc, etc. Yes, my voice gets heard, but do you think the government officials higher up want me to quit lining their silk lined pockets? No, they look at us as infearior people who they can suck the blood out of us.
I didn't mean to make you feel I was fully attacking you. I should haev broken it down from the first post so you wouldn't think I was fully putting it on you. The rest of teh stuff i haev mentioned was to the rest of us here. There are a lot of people in the U.S. who no nothing about where are government is leading to, but yet people just sit here and wait on this continent until they die.
Well, I am going to quit now so PEACE between me and you. Like I said I wasn't generally attacking you, but it just got to me a bit when you stated, those who would pay for permits do not know about our American History and after an hour after reading it, I had to reply. I know much about American History. Sometimes I feel like I live in the wrong lifetime.
Any way, have a good day and like I said.........PEACE and understand my side I am NOT FULLY for the government!