whatah think fisher f-5 or the teknetics gamma 6000?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok what do you think here's two machines that are very similer 7.8 khz freq both equal in price and sure there other features that are similar as well but looking for input of different reasons why, users of these machines would be apreciated, as always looking at different machines!

I think the F5 and Omega are a closer comp with the O8 a little quieter and
easier to run. Either way the 11 inch DD coil is sweet.

I agree, the Omega 8000 and F5 are more of a comparison. The F5 has more controls but the Omega is probably slightly better from what I have read (if you don't like playing as much with the controls.)

Dave Johnson, as you may or may not know, worked on both units and the Omega was a simpler and newer unit derived from the F5. I have the Omega and researched the F5 a lot. I am happy to have gone with the Omega. I'm not really sure the extra controls on the F5 would amount to anything either as the Omega does some of the tuning behind the scenes for you. Also, it seems the Omega is more stable and thus might give you slightly more depth.

Now, that said, the Garrett AT Pro is doing quite well. Just don't depend on Find's Garrett forum for any real assessment of the unit. They delete criticisms and ban users such as myself for bringing anything up. In light of that I still like the AT Pro but have not yet used one.

yeah i here you i don't venture to often to the garrett area of things but anyways i did get the f-5 which sort of like a tesoro set up i've all the greek series teks but i actually prefered the gamma over the omega so we'll see what to look for!

earthmansurfer said:
. They delete criticisms and ban users such as myself for bringing anything up. In light of that I still like the AT Pro but have not yet used one.

Why don't you tell the whole story earthmansurfer? You were asked to not post comparisons on the Garrett forum, but on the Metal Detecting Forum which is brand neutral, just like this forum is. Why? Because history has shown that doing a different brand comparison on a brand name forum would create a forum war. What did you do? Took offence, posted a photo of Nazi German soldiers saluting to one of the worst people in history (Hitler) then proceeded to post a very large comparison of the AT Pro against Fisher , again on the Garrett forum and caused the biggest forum fight ever on the Garrett Forum. You were asked not to post....you did anyway and caused a large war just as predicted. I presume if you carry the same selfish attitude over here you may suffer the same consequences.....

Now there's the rest of the story.

John-Edmonton

Hey John,

Taken out of context and without my explanation of the Nazi photo it could sound pretty bad. But, that whole thread was deleted, not just my post. My point was the Nazi's just followed orders and didn't question things, but it sounds like you just want to sway people with emotions as you are just mentioning a fragment of what went down. You say "Why don't you tell the whole story?" Did you just do that in that little paragraph? By the way, I'm in Germany so that Nazi photo is a reminder of the mess that people got themselves into, amongst other things, by not questioning and standing up for themselves, rules or no rules. (Again, that was my point but political correctness ways heavy and feelings will often be hurt. People who think of Nazi's in one way couldn't see my point.) Sometimes extreme examples allow us to see the most clearly. The Macro is like the Micro, or can soon become...
My Dankowski post is still there if you didn't know. There was nothing wrong with a 95% good review. It upset Sunny Jim mostly and he went off on it and mostly attacked Tom. He is banned (for now anyway) by the way, according to a mod. I never posted a very long comparison of the AT Pro against Fisher. I don't know what you are talking about. I have never even owned a Fisher. (I have an Omega). I have said before and I'll say it again, I think the AT Pro should be compared against the T2 and F75. I like the detector, think it might be great but have to wait for more info to come in. Dankowski is a very respected detectorist and he gave the AT Pro a very good review and only mentioned a few criticisms. There should be nothing wrong with posting a review like that. Monty gave a pretty bad review of the AT Pro (preliminarily) and I questioned it and didn't post it. My intentions were good. Anyway, the Dankoski review swayed me and others to seriously think of buying an AT Pro. Clearly it just upset the fan boys.

By the way, a mod apologized to me and said I was mixed up in the mess. My "Tom D." post may have started things but again, that wasn't my intention. I have been re-instated on the forum. Looking forward to your videos and hope you don't hold a grudge :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton said:
earthmansurfer said:
. They delete criticisms and ban users such as myself for bringing anything up. In light of that I still like the AT Pro but have not yet used one.

Why don't you tell the whole story earthmansurfer? You were asked to not post comparisons on the Garrett forum, but on the Metal Detecting Forum which is brand neutral, just like this forum is. Why? Because history has shown that doing a different brand comparison on a brand name forum would create a forum war. What did you do? Took offence, posted a photo of Nazi German soldiers saluting to one of the worst people in history (Hitler) then proceeded to post a very large comparison of the AT Pro against Fisher , again on the Garrett forum and caused the biggest forum fight ever on the Garrett Forum. You were asked not to post....you did anyway and caused a large war just as predicted. I presume if you carry the same selfish attitude over here you may suffer the same consequences.....

Now there's the rest of the story.

John-Edmonton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back