Minelab Equinox 900 vs Manticore specs

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are just some observations by me between these 2 units.

This is not a field test observation either.

I took a look at the specs on minelabs website between the eq900 and manticore.

The ground balance features are similar being auto, manual and tracking.

Other than some expanded ferrous iron ranges and the 2D graphic screen, and user profiles, there does not seem to be much different between the models.

They both have 11 inch stock coils and the eq900 comes with the 6 inch small coil.

The multi IQ is similar but the eq900 has 4khz included for single selectable frequency.

Both have a target scale to 99 with the eq900 having -19-0 for ferrous signals.

Not really clear about the manticores ferrous scale as it seems to fit more into an expanded notching feature and or conductive feature having 2 settings you can adjust for iron.

I think the manticores expanded ferrous menu is the only real difference other than the way it interprets the signal compared to the equinox with the 2D graph screen.

The noise canceling feature has different specs but they would have to be similar because both machines has to cancel out the same interference but the manticore will continue until it finds the best setting where as on the eq you just have to run it again for a quieter setting.

I have not had a manticore or even held one but I do own the eq900.

There are some different sensitivity parameters between the units but again this setting is limited by certain environments due to conditions and or emi interference.

Between the 2 units tech specs on minelabs website if you scroll down you will see the key technologies of the units.

The eq900 says multi IQ and the manticore says multi IQ+

I think the plus may be the expanded ferrous range on the manticore.

Other than what I have mentioned both units share very similar specs.

Not taking away from what the manticore offers but looking at it on paper, these 2 units would run very similar out in the field.

Giving the price between the two units I believe the equinox 900 holds the upper hand due to the price point between them.

The only benefit I see of having the manticore is not digging as much large iron.

These are just my 2 cents from comparing specs and not to discourage anyone from getting a manticore.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good evaluation of specs , BT I don’t disagree. Don’t you have the 900? Having had both the 600 and 800 and having had to upgrade shafts on both but otherwise liked them both, I’m interested in getting either a 700 or preferably a 900. The 900 is still a chunk of change, but does include the 6” coil. I really like the enhancements they have.
I know they only shaved off 100 grams but users say it’s really light, so apparently it makes a big difference in use, and I like the collapsible shaft a lot. The Manticore is just too much $$ and a bit too complex for my simple taste.

I’ll let you know if I decide to get a 700 or 900. Still up in the air about it. Just have the D2 now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread