What's new

Whatcha Think?

Tony (NC)

Full Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
181
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Claremont, NC
Well it's a REAL rainy day in Carolina, so I thought I would get your opinions on this piece. Some sort of brass buckle I reckon.....but to what? I can't decide if that's a totum pole on the front or what. What's your guess? Thanks for lookin!
 

Attachments

  • image0001.webp
    image0001.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 477
  • image0002.webp
    image0002.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 475
Looks like half of a late Victorian ladies dress or sash buckle. The other half would look just like this one except with a loop on the end that the tongue would hook through.

june12copperbuckleback.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Looks like half of a late Victorian ladies dress or sash buckle. The other half would look just like this one except with a loop on the end that the tongue would hook through.

june12copperbuckleback.jpg


DCMatt

Thanks Matt! I was thinking late Victorian as well. I think you nailed it!
 
Upvote 0
OOOPSSSSS


Stupid me! You're right, or more correctly the person in the picture has it upside down and I was looking at it right side up but backwards... :tard: :tongue3: :wink: ;D

Could be butterflies.
 

Attachments

  • tulips.webp
    tulips.webp
    29 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0
DCMatt got it right again....Great!
 
Upvote 0
mastereagle22 said:
OOOPSSSSS


Stupid me! You're right, or more correctly the person in the picture has it upside down and I was looking at it right side up but backwards... :tard: :tongue3: :wink: ;D

Could be butterflies.
But....I like tulips
 
Upvote 0
Flowers in pots ;D
Very pretty.

Mike
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom