What's new

Whats it?

Richard Ray

Full Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
150
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
What's it?

About 4 inches long, flat made of brass. Very fancy.
Richard Ray
 

Attachments

  • What\'s itedit.webp
    What\'s itedit.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 414
Re: What's it?

Welcome to T-Net Richard Ray.

Neat piece. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's it?

That looks really cool. Looks like the laurel leaves the Ceasars wore in ancient Rome, with the ribbon arranged on both sides. I think that's a sweet find, but I don't really know exactly what it is. Niffler
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's it?

Slim chance, but I went to school with a Richard Ray in Oklahoma. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's it?

Kenosha Kid said:
Similar one on a "19th Century French brass frame" :

http://www.goantiques.com/detail,french-brass-frame,2407265.html

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,2407265.html

The picture is copyrighted ... best I could do for you ~
Another great ID by the Kenosha Kid. I think its close enough to call it solved. Its a wreath from a French picture frame or mirror. This ones dated 1847. Same pic but in this link not copyrighted. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/8628581
 

Attachments

  • laurel wreath design.webp
    laurel wreath design.webp
    15 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
Re: What's it?

Monty said:
Slim chance, but I went to school with a Richard Ray in Oklahoma. Monty

Monty: Less than slim. Out of all the schools and states, Oklahoma was NOT one of them...
Richard Ray
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's it?

Richard Ray,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear. Thanks.


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.



http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this?
Replies
8
Views
558
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
564

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom