What's new

Whats Normal??

thommo59

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
353
Reaction score
210
Golden Thread
0
Location
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's Normal??

Newbie here to the forum and Metal Detecting, got Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 for Christmas to try this out on my local beaches, I'm from Australia by the way. Been doing a couple of nights a week after work for a few hours each time and loving it.

So far I have about $160 in change, 6 silver rings, 2 gold rings, a few junk jewelry pieces, a watch, a hip flask, 7 toy cars, a fishing lure and several odds and sods, all from dry sand as the detector is a little scared of waves.

Just got a Garrett AT Pro for my birthday to get a bit wet and hunt for jewellry where it's most likey to fall off.

Overall, I think I'm finding plenty and even though the Bounty Hunter is a cheap unit, it has been flawless.

Love to hear any comments around if I'm finding about average, more or less etc.

cheers
 
Welcome to T-Net and this adictive hobby. It sounds like you are doing great on your finds, I would say way above average. 160 bucks since Christmas is big time, I wish I had as much time to detect as you. Good luck on your beach hunting, do some research to find old local sites near you to detect. Share your finds with pictures in the Todays Finds Forum.
 
the atpro is not going to like the waves ether need a P.I detector for the salty conditions...
 
or an excal II! lol
 
Thanks DFX, since we are such a young country, there's not much around when it comes to 'old" sites but I'll certainly take the advice. I hope the AT pro woeks in the waves, thats why I got it. I checked with several brands and also rang Garrett who assured me it would so fingers crossed. :)
 
Welcome from the Southland! That many finds since Christmas is BODACIOUS! Way to go! :notworthy:
 
Newbie here to the forum and Metal Detecting, got Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 for Christmas to try this out on my local beaches, I'm from Australia by the way. Been doing a couple of nights a week after work for a few hours each time and loving it.

So far I have about $160 in change, 6 silver rings, 2 gold rings, a few junk jewelry pieces, a watch, a hip flask, 7 toy cars, a fishing lure and several odds and sods, all from dry sand as the detector is a little scared of waves.

Just got a Garrett AT Pro for my birthday to get a bit wet and hunt for jewellry where it's most likey to fall off.

Overall, I think I'm finding plenty and even though the Bounty Hunter is a cheap unit, it has been flawless.

Love to hear any comments around if I'm finding about average, more or less etc.

cheers

I'm new too, and I also started with the BH T2 (just a month ago). I have been wading through all the info and advice, and so far I have had direct experience with the BH, the White's Coinmaster Pro, and as of today the Coinmaster GT. I say if you're doing well (you are!) and having fun, you're getting it right and in the normal range.

Happy hunting! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom