What's new

whats the chance of getting your last dump back the next week

suprdave

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
354
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was wondering if anyone has marked some of there halfs just to see of they were getting there last dump back even though you are dumping at anther bank . i recall seeing a coin with a hole in it which i had the prior week and i usually do 1000 dollars each week what do you think
 
Upvote 0
No. Doesn't happen.No one marks halves. Just look back thru all of the older post and see how many times this has been brought up in the past. People mark halves all of the time. I personally believe they shouldn't. If you live in the same place for a long period of time you will go thru the same halves eventually no matter where you send them. The exception to that would be if you take the dumps to a different reserve district. Even then if one district gets short on halves another will send them what they need. Don't waste your time marking.
HH
enamel7
 
I pickup from an out of State courier service and dump where a local courier service picks up.
Now I don't mark coins but I do take note of the oddities like the obama halves, the halves with pizza ads, and the football stickers.
So far I have never gotten any of these back, however I wished I did, because those boxes had a lot of keepers. :laughing7:
Rich
 
It seems like we get a ton of new people now asking about this stuff. Goes with the Ag prices I suppose.

Yes I do mark my halves. I dump at one bank and order at another banking system. The turn around on that is very low. It would probably take a while. However when I order from the same bank system I dump at, I notice that I will get my dumps back about a month and a half later. I started to put dates on a couple of the dumps so I understand the turn around better. However, it doesn't stop me from getting dumps from someone else. When I went through 13 straight skunks, I thought they were probably someone's dumps. There weren't even any uncirculated clad halves in those skunks. I usually also pull NIFC's, proofs, or ones in nice uncirculated condition.
 
i went through two boxes yesterday that were mostly all marked off with different color sharpies. definitely werent my dumps, but they definitely were someone elses dumps. I have a super high volume guy living somewhere in the 25 mile vicinity of me so im rather PO'ed to learn about this. I get two more boxes tomorrow from a different bank. lets see if i get the dreaded purple/orange/black sharpie marks.
 
SFBayArea said:
It seems like we get a ton of new people now asking about this stuff. Goes with the Ag prices I suppose.

Yes I do mark my halves. I dump at one bank and order at another banking system. The turn around on that is very low. It would probably take a while. However when I order from the same bank system I dump at, I notice that I will get my dumps back about a month and a half later. I started to put dates on a couple of the dumps so I understand the turn around better. However, it doesn't stop me from getting dumps from someone else. When I went through 13 straight skunks, I thought they were probably someone's dumps. There weren't even any uncirculated clad halves in those skunks. I usually also pull NIFC's, proofs, or ones in nice uncirculated condition.
just outta curiousity, wat do u mark ur halves w/? ive always wanted to see how far peoples dumps travel, so im just wondering. thanks in advance :)
 
Some mark the rolls. I got some back the other day in a town where another CRHer dumps . When i notice a bank that is someone elses dump bank i often will dump there also. Well a month later i got back my marked rolls at a different branch in the same town. A branch that i had gotten silver out of b4. I dont know if it was another collector or the bank themselves.
 
I marked some coins about 4 or 5 months ago and got a one back last week. It was a day when I opened a box and half of the coins were marked with a green "P." To be honest, I was a bit miffed so I got out the sharpie.

I also get the traditional black X along with a black or red "ear dot." Those are the marked coins I generally find on a regular basis. Every now and then, a new mark style will crop up.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
for the past 6 weeks i have been getting back a 1972 half with a hole in it so that what made me think about marking some coins to detemine a better way or time to dump
 
apush said:
I marked some coins about 4 or 5 months ago and got a one back last week. It was a day when I opened a box and half of the coins were marked with a green "P." To be honest, I was a bit miffed so I got out the sharpie.

I also get the traditional black X along with a black or red "ear dot." Those are the marked coins I generally find on a regular basis. Every now and then, a new mark style will crop up.

HSH,
apush :read2:

I've been a collector and hunter for a long time, but just started doing rolls. Did my first box of halves recently and found no less the 8 different marks on coins in that one box. It was also a skunk with the exception of a nice shiny 2010 (which I guess all of the 2010's should be nice and shiny.) I may eventually get another box at that location, but for now I am planning to get halves somewhere else for a while.
 
Its never made since to me why people mark them..
The ONE box I got of halves that had over (25) 90%'s , had coins all marked up in the box..So what is the Point?
Just to see there ugly marks again?..
Are people that giddy about defacing money?..
Its kinda of a joke to think someone spent the time to do it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom