✅ SOLVED Whats the difference between mine and the others on the net??

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the difference between mine and the others on the net??

This "Sammelier" silver plated wine bottle opener looks exactly like the others I see on the internet, including ebay, except mine is not stamped anywhere saying it was "Made in Italy" or any "1980's" date. It does say "Sammelier" on the base, that's it. I've checked inside and out, even used a loupe. My summation of this is it is OLDER than the ones I find on the net and was made before they started stamping "Made in Italy" on them. I could easily be wrong but I can't understand why this one isn't stamped like that. It has the look and weight of a quality, silver plated item. It was part of a bunch of household items that predated the 80's so it seemed out of place when I saw everyone on the net saying "Art Decco-1980's". Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

Attachments

• wine1.jpg
    wine1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 82
  • wine2.jpg
    wine2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it wasn't produced for export and someone brought here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. I guess, when I list it on ebay, I should say country "Unknown" but refer to others exactly like it having been made in Italy. I did see where some company is making copies but this has the patina etc. of an original. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread