What's new

Whats the Difference from Presort Stamps and Regular Stamps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Sorry for the stupidest question of Tnet history,

But somehow I clicked on a link that took me to this.

Non Profit Presort Precanceled Stamps Brand New Roll of 3 000 | eBay



Than it made me wonder. Whats the difference? I have recived Mail with these Stamps. Can i use them for my Everyday mail??

Any anwers would be great

thanks,
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Diggin-N-Dumps;

There are a lot more dumb answers than there are dumb questions.

The modern USPS has a seemingly endless variety of postage rates and services. Unless you are a non-profit, unless you hold the proper permit(s), unless you are sending thousands of letters at one time, unless you have pre-sorted them by Zip Code and then by sub-code, this probably isn't for you.

Additionally, many of these sub-classes of mail don't have features such as automatic forwarding.

Bottom Line: At less than fifty cents each, regular First Class USPS mail is a heck of a bargain. My two cents.

Well, actually, I guess it's my forty-six cents...

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

PS: I haven't looked at the eBay offering, so I know nothing about that auction or the Seller. I would have to ask myself how someone came into 3,000 stamps to be used by a non-profit...
 
Last edited:
Diggin-N-Dumps;

There are a lot more dumb answers than there are dumb questions.

The modern USPS has a seemingly endless variety of postage rates and services. Unless you are a non-profit, unless you hold the proper permit(s), unless you are sending thousands of letters at one time, unless you have pre-sorted them by Zip Code and then by sub-code, this probably isn't for you.

Additionally, many of these sub-classes of mail don't have features such as automatic forwarding.

Bottom Line: At less than fifty cents each, regular First Class USPS mail is a heck of a bargain. My two cents.

Well, actually, I guess it's my forty-six cents...

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

PS: I haven't looked at the eBay offering, so I know nothing about that auction or the Seller. I would have to ask myself how someone came into 3,000 stamps to be used by a non-profit...

Hey Bookaroo, Thank for the insight...I wasnt looking into trying to scam anyone...I just never saw anyone actually selling these before and thought it was a bit odd.
 
Diggin-N-Dumps:

I certainly did not intend to suggest you were trying to scam anyone! I think that would be out of line here on TN!

I was just trying to answer your question and give a little background.

Again - in my opinion about the only stupid question there is, is the one someone is afraid to ask! Your question was a good one. I'd just like to save people some trouble if I may.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom