snowdogg70
Full Member
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2011
- Messages
- 236
- Reaction score
- 224
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- burlington ontario
- Detector(s) used
- 2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE METAL DETECTING?
I recently got my brother interested in metal detecting so i have been teaching him what i know(which isn't much lol).
before i owned a pin pointer i would dig a plug and wave it in front of the coil ,if it beeped i would break the dirt in half and do it again till i found the item.
i watched my brother wave a clump of dirt in front of his coil, beep! he would break it in half and beep! and so on and so on. now he was down to a piece of dirt about the size of a pea. he broke that in half and beep! ,
now he had nothing in his had waved his hand in front of the coil and beep!. he had no rings bracelets etc... it was a new detector being used for the first time so thinking something is wrong with his detector i waved mine in front of his hand and beep!
after a few mins my brother finally realized when he was young he accidentally shot himself in the hand with a pellet gun and never got the pellet out!
so now he has to use the opposite hand to wave the dirt lol!
I recently got my brother interested in metal detecting so i have been teaching him what i know(which isn't much lol).
before i owned a pin pointer i would dig a plug and wave it in front of the coil ,if it beeped i would break the dirt in half and do it again till i found the item.
i watched my brother wave a clump of dirt in front of his coil, beep! he would break it in half and beep! and so on and so on. now he was down to a piece of dirt about the size of a pea. he broke that in half and beep! ,
now he had nothing in his had waved his hand in front of the coil and beep!. he had no rings bracelets etc... it was a new detector being used for the first time so thinking something is wrong with his detector i waved mine in front of his hand and beep!
after a few mins my brother finally realized when he was young he accidentally shot himself in the hand with a pellet gun and never got the pellet out!
so now he has to use the opposite hand to wave the dirt lol!

they drive on to the park and start checking buildings, I know they saw me but decided I was not enough of an issue to bother with- yep here I was at 2:30am waiving back at them stop lighting me! they pretty much ignored me and I finished up and moved on to another park after stopping for dinner and dropping the kids off...I thought 'oh crap I'm in trouble!' just after the cops left some dopes on a little 50cc bike rode up to me to see what I was doing...they were laughing at me, probably cause they saw the cops spotlighting me- and I was laughing at them for riding a 50cc bike with 2 people at 2:30am... 






