What's new

Whats the Scoop?

G. I. Digger

Full Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
229
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the Scoop?

I have two questions. First, my wife and I decided to cancel our vacation in Paris this year due to the elevated security reasons. So, she decided to go to Florida instead. I tried to get a hotel on the beach but everything is sold out for June and July, understandably so. I booked two weeks at a Marriott in Orlando. I know it is about an hour drive to the beach but does anyone know any good beaches to detect? I am taking my AT-Pro and will get an education as I never used it in salt water. I don't plan to go in over a few inches. Second question is what is a good sand scoop to purchase?
 
One of the better sand scoops you can purchase is the Stealth 720i from Sunspot. RTG makes good ones that can break down for travel.
Best of luck.

Have a good trip!
 
I would recommend that you stay on dry sand with the AT PRO.
It is an excellent beach machine but salt water will drive it nuts.
I don't care what Mode you hunt in, or what adjustments you make to the sensitivity, salt water is a conductor and will drive the PRO nuts. It works well in fresh water. If you hunt dry sand, a $20 plastic hand scoop is all you need.
Good luck my friend and say hello to Mickey
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys for the assistance as it means a lot! What is a better machine for salt water. I do not plan to go deep but just a few inches or so? I did read that salt water makes the AT- Pro go fuzzy. Great dry land machine though!
Rich
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys for the assistance as it means a lot! What is a better machine for salt water. I do not plan to go deep but just a few inches or so? I did read that salt water makes the AT- Pro go fuzzy. Great dry land machine though!
Rich
I use the Excalibur. It is made for salt water hunting and is submersible to 200 feet. It is made by Minelab and has a price tag in the neighborhood of $1,500.
I use it wearing a wet suit and will go chest deep in the water when and where conditions permit. We're talking 6 to 8 hour hunts. I also had to purchase a $200. Beach Brute Sand scoop.
I wouldn't recommend making this investment if you only go to the shore once in awhile.
Good luck buddy.
 
Any idea what a medium priced Pulse Induction machine costs? I read that the Tesoro Sand Shark is a good machine for approx $600.00.
 
You would have no trouble in the salt or wet sand with the Sand Shark an it is a deep beast. However you'll find every piece of metal in the sand. This wears out many guys.
 
Do some research on Whites Beach Hunter ID 300. You may be surprised. Reading on Beach Hunting here on Tnet there are a lot of posivtive responses. I have a BHID and am going to Mrytle Beach in a couple of weeks and can"t waite to use it down there. I have sen them on Findes web site in the classifieds for anywhere from $400 to $550. New they are around $999. Good Luck . I live about 40 miles from Jefferson Hills. Maybe sometime we can hookup with each other. I"m a retired construction worker.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom