What's new

Whats this one?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
6,942
Reaction score
8,441
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What's this one?

I think it's for heating and taking bends and kinks out of arrow shafts. This is from the collection of an Uncle, I also have some points from his estate that I'll show later. The red on the stone is paint. Who ever painted his house got paint all over a bunch of artifacts. my collection6.webpmy collection6A.webpmy collection6B.webp I think the stone is serpentine or soap stone.
 
Upvote 0
You are missing the other half. Your reasoning sound plausible as a shaft straightener.
 
And a very nice one at that. Larson has some nice ones as well. I just saw where you were going to post some other artifacts.

Would you mind starting a new thread called "arrow shaft abraders" open posting. that way google will pick it up and people can see ones from all over. Yours is a very good one to start with.
HH
TnMtns
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom