What's new

Whats this relic? Feels heavy duty

Rwdrive

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
49
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blythewood South Carolina, near Columbia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Mauro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this bolt and nut about 2 feet from one another. I believe they would fit together if clean. The twisty on the nut seems intentionally attached. I banged it with a hammer and it is firmly attached. I found this about 6 feet from the last item posted, which folks believe came from an old wagon. Please see pics. Thank you!
Jeff
 

Attachments

  • 20201219_141355.webp
    20201219_141355.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20201219_141420.webp
    20201219_141420.webp
    763.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20201219_141430.webp
    20201219_141430.webp
    903.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20201219_141443.webp
    20201219_141443.webp
    886.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201219_141447.webp
    20201219_141447.webp
    697.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201219_141436.webp
    20201219_141436.webp
    824 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201219_141547.webp
    20201219_141547.webp
    631.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20201219_141542.webp
    20201219_141542.webp
    601.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201219_141526.webp
    20201219_141526.webp
    600.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201219_141532.webp
    20201219_141532.webp
    564.2 KB · Views: 51
It's called a heel nut/bolt. It is used to fasten a chain to a piece of equipment.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks so much Tony is SC and ceskol. Appreciate your identification of this. I found what i think may be a plow blade about a hundred or two yards away. Guessing there was a old homestead at this site. I will post that pic also now....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom