What's new

Whats with some banks wanting $50 to open a free checking account?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was killin time waiting for my shift to end so I looked up some additional banks that are around me. I figured they would require the usuial $25 for a free checking, no they want $50!!! I know, just open it up and kee like $5 in them to keep um active, but it really errks me that they want $50 to get the ball rolling.... Or online special prices to open a free checking. I know im ranting but have any of you seen this before? :tard:
 
Upvote 0
Nothing is free anymore! FREE now means for the low price of.
 
It is free as long as you do not over draft the account or as long as you do not use an ATM from an other bank
but they do require an initial deposit of $50.00 in my Bank. You can put the $50 with cash and withdraw $49 the very next day. I do not thing this is an issue.

DW
 
The majority of the banks around me only require $25, it just makes me mad that some banks want more than others.
 
cruise out to california, all the banks here require a $100 initial deposit.
 
My Bank was taken Over recently

They sent out a Flyer Saying Every free Checking account had to have a $100.00 Minimum Balance or Pay.

It also said Everyone Closing their account would have to Pay.

There was a Mad Run on Members Closing their accounts
before it took Effect.

I Decided to Call and tell them I Wasn't going to Give them $100.00
to have a Free Checking account

OR Pay them to use my Last $100.00 in the account.

They advised me this would only be in effect
for new Customers.

I Guess Banks don't want new customers anymore
unless they are so wealth they will Never have to worry.

I Imagine at some point it will be a $1000,00 Minimum.
 
Try 100 dollars to open an account at several banks in my area. And you have to keep that minimum or they charge you.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom