What's new

Whats your oldest coin roll find?

santafeboy

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
596
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
For me it was an 1895 1896 or 1898 (last digit pretty worn) Barber in a box of dimes. My best box of dimes was a $500 box which yielded 18 Mercuries and 2 silver Roosevelts
 
Upvote 0
1890 V nickel in fed box, I also got some late 1800's Indians. My oldest dime is 1915 barber, with close to a hundred mercs total

HH
-GC
 
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the great dime score!! :thumbsup: My oldest coin roll find so far is an 1877 Seated half dollar (my avatar pic). I also got an 1899 Barber half from that same batch.

Good luck out there and HH!
~Syrys
 
Syrys said:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the great dime score!! :thumbsup: My oldest coin roll find so far is an 1877 Seated half dollar (my avatar pic). I also got an 1899 Barber half from that same batch.

Good luck out there and HH! Amazing finds I would have had a stroke if I found those
~Syrys
 
Oldest cent was an 1904 Indian, oldest nickle was a 1912 V, and the oldest half was just a 1925 Stone Mountain commemorative. I did just pull a 1918 Indian Rupee from my last half box so that's the oldest foreign coin.
 
Worn 1894 Barber half, next would b 1900 Queen Vick dime.
 
1917 Walking Liberty Half! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Mine was two 1893 Columbian Exposition halves about a year apart. One is nice, the other beaten to death.
 
Cents: My wife pulled a 1901 IH ender on the very first roll from her very first, and last box (I guess she thought a find like that couldn't be topped, or, more likely, she got bored to death by the other 2,499 non-IHs)

Nickels: 1905 V nickel

Dimes: 1961 Roosie

Quarters: 1963 Washington

Halves: Probably my dateless Walker, but my wife found a '44 Walker (we've only found 2)
 
1892 Columbian Expo. from a box roll

Found in the golden years of CRH circa 2002
 
1846 Large Cent found in a bag of halves last month. Next is an 1872 2 Cents from Belgium found in a bag of nickles, Oldest Silver 1910 Canadian Dime found in a bag, Oldest Half 1920 Walker found in a machine roll, Oldest small cent 1881 Indian found in a bag of pennies.
 
1883 V nickel - no cents variety
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom