Wheat War # 57 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
This battle was a little boring compared to the last, but we forge on. Dad having recovered form nuclear fall out came out on top with 11 Wheats (oldest 1942) and one King George VI (1940). Tanner scored 7 wheats (oldest 1944 d) and 2 King George VI (oldest 1940).

We think we want to sell some rolls of wheats. How much should we expect get for rolls of common 1940's and 1950's? How much can we expect to get for a roll of "s" wheats from the 1930' to 1950's? What could we expect for rolls of older wheats teens, 1920's and 1930's? We would most likely sell them on Craigs List.

Hey thanks for your help. and Keep on Searching

Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• wheat war 57.JPG
    wheat war 57.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the wheat wars!

Never tried to sell any, nor have I ever bought any, but I would guess $1.50-$2.50 per roll for searched common date wheats. I'm sure there are others here that will know more about the subject than I.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gordon, always fun to read your wheat wars updates.

Do you have a grand total of individual win/losses and total # of wheats for each of you?

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
With gold and silver going crazy I went to a dealer that had been known to by wheats and has since stoped bying them . I have over 80 rolls by date . You couldn't pry them from me for less than $3.00 PER ROLL. No mater what year I hoard mine. When the price jump to 10 cents a piece then I will think about . They soon will be as scarce as Indian heads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions