What's new

Wheats and silver to end the week - 4/24

Michiganne

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
4,403
Reaction score
551
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all:

With the beautiful weather I've been itching to get out but have been too busy. Friday night I finally got a brief hunt in at my new "secret spot." I managed 4 wheats before it got too dark. Sat. a.m. I hunted a new house in town with high hopes. The yard seemed devoid of good signals and I only found clad and doo-dads. The ground was awfully dry and I'll hunt it again when it rains. This afternoon my new MDing recruit, Colleen, called and we hit the secret spot together for a few hours. She recently learned that a guy has been hunting it, without permission, for the past few years.:protest: I told her today we'd have to hunt harder and better than he did, to find what he missed. After a bit, I decided to head into a small grove of pines that have grown since the site's heyday. Resorting to the commando crawl at times to evade the lower branches (with pine needles in hair,) I was happy to add two silver dimes and a few more wheats. I also found a neat button and a cute, but flattened, Donald Duck rootbeer can. :)
wheats: '53D, '44S, '35, '51D, '49D, '37, '50, '44, '55
silver: '55 Rosie & '40 Merc

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Colleen dug two wheats. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • treasure 2010 186.jpgcomp.webp
    treasure 2010 186.jpgcomp.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 216
  • treasure 2010 185.jpgcomp.webp
    treasure 2010 185.jpgcomp.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 210
  • treasure 2010 163.jpgcomp.webp
    treasure 2010 163.jpgcomp.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 215
  • treasure 2010 165.jpgcomp.webp
    treasure 2010 165.jpgcomp.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 209
WTG Anne, that's my kind of hunt! Pays to think "outside the box". Now about that Donald Duck root beer, what the heck? ffd
 
WTG Anne! I like the roorbeer can. never heard of it!
might be a good (most unusual) find
 
Awesome finds for sure Anne :thumbsup: big congrats on the silvers and wheats!
 
nice finds Anne! congrats on the wheats and silver :thumbsup: looks like a good secret spot, and I have done that commando crawl before :laughing7: I have never heard of donald duck root beer, and I have huge collection of root beer bottles, that's a first. good huntin!
 
Way to go Anne, I just love your enthusiasm!!! Nice score on the coins and the Donald can is cool!! hh dan
 
Nice !!! I am guilty of the "commando crawl" myself....but most times it pays off!!! NICE FINDS!!

"Z"
 
Congrats on the cool finds Anne!! Never seen a can like that before. WTG :icon_thumleft:
 
sweet hunt! love the dimes. Is the button military? Donald duck....... I found Donald duck, orange juice, grapefruit and even fanta cans online. No root beer. Nice find! :hello2:
 
Congrats on the wheats and silver! :thumbsup:

I hope to find a 55' rosie, someday. Seriously it's the only year rosie I've yet to find( they didn't
​
make that many in 55'.)

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom