Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy, diggin brains, picked me up at 7 a.m. today. We had planned on hitting a spot that we both agreed has a lot of potential. I asked him to make a stop at a sledding hill that my boss told me was around since cardboard had been invented. It was on the way so no big deal. We were swinging the coils by 8 a.m.
I noticed that a lot of young trees had been planted recently and they were planted in the path I would have taken down if I was riding a sled. It was almost as if the trees were planted to discourage sled riding. Well after about an hour of scarce finds, we decided to move on.

Another short hop and we were in a park that was on the border of the shore. We had to visit the water's edge to see if anyone left us some goodies. The only thing I found worth mentioning was a Wheat Penny. We retreated to a large lawn that had picnic tables, and plenty of old shade trees. A little clad here and there but again, nothing to write home about. We got a visit from a local who hunts this area frequently. He had a 20 minute conversation with digging brains while I picked away at some clad. Plan B wasn't producing. The only thing I enjoyed finding here, was a Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide.
We eventually had lunch and decided to go to Plan "C" Into the car, and a quick ride south and then west and we arrived at "C"hestnut Grove.
Brian struck first with a pretty Mercury Dime. About an hour later, a nice little scream got my attention. I recovered a silver Roosevelt from about 6 inches. I'll tell you,, the soil was dark and moist. Very easy digging. About 20 minutes later and I dug out a Silver Washington Quarter.
With about 15 minutes left before we had to start heading home, I got another screech. A second Silver Roosevelt Dime. Oh Boy Oh Boy.
The ride into Manhattan was a horror show. Everything was being redirected from the east side over to the west side and then south. What should have taken 20 minutes, took us about 2 hours. That was not fun but the fact that I had 3 silvers in my little coin pocket made it bearable.

My finds for the day were: 1 Saca Dollar, 20q, 20d, 23 memorials, a 1952 Wheat Penny, 2 Silver Rosies, (47 & 52d), a 1943 Silver Washington Quarter, & a 1979 Canadian Penny.
I also recovered a Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide, a truck, a button, and a piece of copper.
My 2015 Silver Coin Count is now at 145 Silver Coins
IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2053.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done. Three silvers is a good day for me! Best of luck to you!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That is what I would call an AWESOME day!

What machine were you using? ETRAC?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are NYC's silver king!, congrats on some great finds!

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz! That is what I would call an AWESOME day!

What machine were you using? ETRAC?
The E-Trac is my go to machine. All except for one silver has been found by the E-Trac this year. I found a Mercury Dime on my maiden voyage with the XP DEUS.
I have nicknamed my E-Trac "The Monster"

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I plan is to have an E-Trac in July 2016. XP Deus will then move to top spot on wish list if nothing new and great has come out by then.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, three silver day is a good day.

aj

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan is to have an E-Trac in July 2016. XP Deus will then move to top spot on wish list if nothing new and great has com didn't undeout by then.
Hey Cap,
That's a smart move. I bought my E-trac from a guy on another forum. I paid $900. It was used by him, maybe 3 times. He didn't understand it and didn't have the patience to learn it.
I have found it to be a silver magnet.
My silver coin finds went from 25 with the AT PRO in 2013, to 81 in 2014.
This year, even with a late start because of snow, I am now up to 151 silver coins.
There are problems with the Deus that no one wants to talk about.

Last edited:

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job on the silvers thought the Cub Scout piece was cool , always enjoy checking out your finds,good luck ...keep'em coming[emoji106]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 3 silver day ATW. I also like that Boy Scout neckerchief slide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread