What's new

When did this site change?

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
631
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I haven’t been on here for several years as I’ve gotten out of detecting for awhile but recently got a CTX 3030 and hoping to get back into it. Was just wondering when the look of this website changed? I used to love seeing the pictures of recent great finds that you could scroll across the top. What happened with that, it was such a great format? I don’t like this new format at all.
 
Hey all, I haven’t been on here for several years as I’ve gotten out of detecting for awhile but recently got a CTX 3030 and hoping to get back into it. Was just wondering when the look of this website changed? I used to love seeing the pictures of recent great finds that you could scroll across the top. What happened with that, it was such a great format? I don’t like this new format at all.
Welcome back!

They updated the forum's software starting in January and tweaked it over the last few months.

I also miss the "Banner" across the top of the page, but the forum works well and the staff ask for input while tweaking the forum to what it is now.

Unfortunately the "Banner" across the top is not possible now...but if you look at the top right next to the search box you will see the "Top Find" icon, click on it to view the Banner section.
 
At top of forum, on left side of search bar is Link called "Top Finds", that is where all Banner finds are at.
 
At top of forum, on left side of search bar is Link called "Top Finds", that is where all Banner finds are at.
Regarding this newest look.
What happened to the quick down arrow, the up arrow is still there.
Example I click on a thread that there's no new posts.
I brings me to the first page, so now instead of hitting the quick down arrow that appeared I have scroll down the whole page.
Then hit the double arrow to get to the current page.
Then scroll down to the last comment.
 
Regarding this newest look.
What happened to the quick down arrow, the up arrow is still there.
Example I click on a thread that there's no new posts.
I brings me to the first page, so now instead of hitting the quick down arrow that appeared I have scroll down the whole page.
Then hit the double arrow to get to the current page.
Then scroll down to the last comment.
Give me time to research issue. Are you asking about arrow to oldest new thread, or a arrow for pages on new posts?

On way to gym at moment.
 
Give me time to research issue. Are you asking about arrow to oldest new thread, or a arrow for pages on new posts?

On way to gym at moment.
This is the arrow I'm referring to, the down disappeared when the change happened.

Screenshot_20250616_072650_Chrome.webp
 
This is the arrow I'm referring to, the down disappeared when the change happened.

View attachment 2212805
Can you give me screenshot of whole page with the up arrow?

I'm not seeing up or down arrows. Is this desktop, laptop or phone, if smartphone is site set to desktop version?

I see next thread and previous thread. Are you talking about arrows that take you to top of or bottom of thread you are reading? More info I have easier it is to find or if need be explain to owners.

Thanks...
 
Can you give me screenshot of whole page with the up arrow?

I'm not seeing up or down arrows. Is this desktop, laptop or phone, if smartphone is site set to desktop version?

I see next thread and previous thread. Are you talking about arrows that take you to top of or bottom of thread you are reading? More info I have easier it is to find or if need be explain to owners.

Thanks...
Screenshot_20250616_080903_Chrome.webp
 
Thanks...desktop, laptop or smart device? What operating system?

This is what I see..
1000025258.webp
 
The arrow was set to only show when scrolling downward. I've set it to show up when scrolling up or down now.
Thanks for getting it back.
Helps for fast navigation of a page.

Next question is the next/previous page option 🤔
Can it be on the top as well as the bottom?
 
Thanks for getting it back.
Helps for fast navigation of a page.

Next question is the next/previous page option 🤔
Can it be on the top as well as the bottom?

I'm hesitant to make too many custom changes... and I'm hesitant to add too much stuff to the top of the page before the "content" starts. For people on mobile especially that is very valuable real estate.
 
It's running quick and smooth now too.
 
Why was the site changed?
 
I don't think anyone was inquiring about the "New Skin", I know the first poster/OP and I believe others was asking about the software change that happened at the beginning of the year, which was a change in how the forum used to look.

Not sure how long ago you are talking about, the software from back in 2006 in Sept 2021 we switched to the Community platform by XenForo..... Its been tweaked several times but the big change was in 2021.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom