What's new

When I saw this I thought of my fellow penny CRH

austinosphere

Greenie
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
FBvlO.jpg
 
Upvote 0
All you have to know about the true reasons for the Civil War / War of Northern Aggression / War of Southern Submission / etc. is in the Cornerstone Speech.
 
That speech includes the following:

"Those (meaning Thomas Jefferson's) ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. ... Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner–stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery — subordination to the superior race — is his natural and normal condition."

So if that was the true reason for the War Between the States, as you say - I'm very glad that the North won.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom