When I was younger....

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
...probably 14 years old, my grandfather was looking for a septic tank on some property of his. I was with my dad also, but he had left to run an errand. My grandfather took 2 pieces of bent wire and put them in my hands, and told me how to hold them. He told me where to walk, and said they'd cross when I got over the tank. I had never seen this before, and I thought it worked like a compass or something. When they crossed, he said "Bingo, same place for me" and marked the ground. When my dad got back he started digging where my grandfather said, and hit the top of the tank right in the center. The tank was in an open field, with no sign of it being there at all. He got awful mad when my grandfather told him how we found it, and told me later "not to mess with stuff like that."
I've dowsed other times since then, with 100% accuracy. Seems like such a normal thing to do, I never questioned it. The point being when first introduced to it, I had no pre-conceived notion on what was supposed to happen, it just did.
Never tried it for silver, though. ;D

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks Judy.

I don't know how reliable dowsing is, I know some people can do it and some can't. I've seen irrigation workers use it like a common tool, and they told me they thought it was pretty accurate. I never took it too seriously, just played around with it mostly. Just thought it was something weird.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Only water lines and the like. Like I said, I didn't know how much stock to put into it, just thought it was weird.

It did seem to work for me, although I admit I don't know much about it. I used two bent wires, I've heard about people that have tried other things but I never tried anything else.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Scotto,

Like you, my experience with dowsing has been only for water, never tried it for any kind of treasure. (Water would be a real treasure for me anyway!) I am a 'beginner' in dowsing, in fact I can't tell the difference between a large body of water and a small one, or for that matter, electric power lines - all give the same kind of reaction with the 'L' rods. (This was my original reason for getting into these dowsing threads, hadn't expected to find what I did!)

Try to ignore the sarcasm and ridicule you will find spouting from some of our "friendly" skeptics here, we are not all 'skeptics'. Good luck and good hunting to you, hope you find the treasures that you seek.

Oroblanco

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
SWR,
If I were to voice what I really think about you I would be barred for LIFE :'( :'( :'( :'(
Peg leg
PS have a good nights sleep tonight. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread