OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Found the projected date. Hmmmmmmmm, my birthday weekend. Sounds like a good present to myself.

DM

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginman said:
Found the projected date. Hmmmmmmmm, my birthday weekend. Sounds like a good present to myself.

DM

I guarantee you won't disappointed, especially if we pinpoint the location of the brothel, general store, post office, and warehouses!!!!'

I am psyched for this one.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiros, Don`t want to disappoint ya but think we have allready located where they were. Both times we have searched for the location on foot and by specs ranger dan gave us. If it is the area it is now swamp. Ranger dan told us that it was right next to the pier just behind the beach line, then leading back from there, well we saw that area first time but didn`t pay alot of attention to it and searched the hill and the wagon trail leading up the hill both ran to dead ends. The last time we searched the area near the beach and just behind the beach "Not the swamp though" we did find an old barrel band about 1 foot deep, no way to tell if it was old or new washedin on the water though. But that was all we hit, as i said we did not work the swamp, from the beach there is a i would say an old pathway (all new growth trees) leading from the beach but it is all swamp now it leads to a small lake with beaver huts in it, very shallow and swampy. That area is approx 25 - 40 yards over the beach line what could have been a wagon path leading from the beach joins that area, but like i said that whole area is overgrown and swamp now.
Facing the water with the pier directly in front of you, directly behind you and to your right is what could have been the wagon path leading from the beach area. It runs between two ridges and runs to the beaver dam and swamp area currently.
Both times me, dave and for the life of me i cannot remember his name at the moment (sorry tired as heck been up for 17 hours) searched for the store brothel and all, that is what we wanted to find. It is a long hike though rough waist high grass unless you hike the beach route, even then it is a hike.
Now with that said, personelly i think the brothel and store was futher down close or at the point approx 1/2 mile from the pier. The reason for my thinking, the man that owned that area was a respected man of the community. Now a brothel on his property just doesn`t sound kosher. I think it was sndman or someone that brought some good aerial shots and on one of them you could make out something at the point off shore approx 20 -50 feet perhaps that could be the old structures, or what is left of them.
Personelly this next time i will be spending all my time on the silver field, there is so much there not found. I had an area that i was getting multiple hits in the same swing, true alot were pennies but thats the area i ll be cleaning out this next time.
If you can`t tell i am dead tired i tend to ramble on when i am this way :tongue3: bed is calling and i`m gone poof....

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember you guys searching in that area, though I never made it back there with you. At the end of our last hunt, we were all looking at some aerial shots and maps and discussing possible locations of those buildings. I think we decided that it may be in the swamp, though it warranted a closer examination. Come October most of the tall grass and underbrush will be dead and hopefully that path will be a bit easier to manuever.

The Silver Mine still has PLENTY of coinage, I found a little honey hole last time that was nowhere near the main field, but in a clearing under the shade of a big old oak tree. I think we pulled 8-10 silvers out of that 30 x 30 area.

The Button Field also produced 5 or 6 more colonial flats and a British Regimental button last time. I am kicking myself now...I was reading a post a few days back that had some pics of pieces of clay pipe stems. I remember I found some of these in that field, in one small area along with clam shells and iron bits, but I didn't think they were anything, so I left them. Now I am thinking this may be the location of a trash or fire pit. I know exactly where it is, so I plan to hit that first thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread