When Science Shouts to the Deaf II

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I'
m not saying that someday there won't be a device that is capable of reliably identifying, and giving a fix on, various materials, from a range longer than is possible with today's commercially available equipment.
I'm just saying that, right now, LRLs ain't it.

So eight miles is not enough distance for you ? In the mountains of California and Nevada that is one long walk..I like the advantage of the new devices where I can decide how far I want to walk..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE THr~
Now just walk on over to Carl's and pass his test with it, and you'll win $25,000.00!

Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that ?
Carl already owes me $25,000.. http://wn.com/aarthrj3811...
Carl claims to have tested all seven of the devices I have used and claims that none of them will locate Gold…Why would anyone expect a fair test from someone like this ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Art~
Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that ?
Carl already owes me $25,000.. http://wn.com/aarthrj3811...
Carl claims to have tested all seven of the devices I have used and claims that none of them will locate Gold…Why would anyone expect a fair test from someone like this ?

~EE THr~
artie---

#26.

The proof of a conclusion depends on both the truth of the premises and the validity of the argument.

26. *****CA asks False Questions, which are based on premises that are false, so logical answers are literally impossible. (Always make them prove their primises.)

So which question are you Ducking and dodging this time ?..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Carl already owes me $25,000.

Artie---

Carl has offered the $25K to anyone passing his test.

You have not passed his test.

Therefore your statement above is not true.

Therefore you are basing your conclusion of a false premise.

:sign13:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Artie---
Carl has offered the $25K to anyone passing his test.
So it is a trick because no one has taken Carl’s test
You have not passed his test
No I have not and will never attempt to pass it.
Therefore your statement above is not true.
In your opinion
Therefore you are basing your conclusion of a false premise.
A false premise is an incorrect proposition that forms the basis of a logical syllogism. Since the premise (proposition, or assumption) is not correct, the conclusion drawn may be in error. However, the logical validity of an argument is a function of its internal consistency, not the truth value of its premises.
For example, consider this syllogism, which involves an obvious false premise:
• If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
• The streets are wet. (premise)
• Therefore it has rained recently. (conclusion)
I got you..I have to word my questions so you can understand them..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
They're not pseudoscience, but you are right about not answering them.

You certainly haven't been doing any good with your answers so far!
It is very hard to understand how to answer people whose logic is based on pseudoscience

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Sorry I do not speak Psychobabble
Psychobabble (a portmanteau of "psychology" or "psychoanalysis" and "babble") is a form of prose using jargon, buzzwords and highly esoteric language to give an impression of plausibility through mystification, misdirection, and obfuscation. The term implies that the speaker of psychobabble lacks the experience and understanding necessary for proper use of a given psychological term. Frequent usage can associate a clinical word with less meaningful buzzword definitions. Some psychological buzzwords have come into widespread use in business management training, motivational seminars, self-help, folk psychology, and popular psychology. Laypersons may overuse such words in describing life problems as clinical maladies when such nomenclature is not valuable, meaningful or appropriate. Theodore Dalrymple defines the term as "the means by which people talk about themselves without revealing anything".[1]

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yes it is…Art
These are the members currently ignoring you
SWR, pronghorn, mts, Ted Groves, pedler, Liquid

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO EE: I accidentally put aa on ignore while checking to see if he had received more ignores than I, a sort of an honor. Frankly I cannot find how to put him back to normal. I do not have 'anyone' on ignore, I have never found the need to, not even pronghorn when he was raving. I believe that is a ( XXXXX)'s way to escape embarrassing questions which cannot answered.

don Jose de La Mancha .

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

To take someone off Ignore, you open their Ignored post using the "SHOW" button on the right, in the area where their post would have been, on a regular thread page.

Then you click where the Ignore button would be, except once they are on Ignore, it now says "UNIGNORE USER."

I have used it a couple of times, but I can't resist peaking once in awhile. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread