What's new

When Spring Break Down there in Florida

Rockin Chairs Gold

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I always thought it came around Easter Vacation but wife thinks it's earlier.

Think she's getting as bad a case of cabin fever as I've got. The wall's are closing in around us. :coffee2: Rick
 
Upvote 0
Colleges break mid-march, my son's break is the week of March 7. High schools break is usually at Easter. So the "spring break" crowds can last a month if Easter is late.
 
Yes and Easter is late this year. Thanks for the reply guess we were both right. If she decides to go we'll have to pick out a week as the pocket book has it's limits. :coffee2: Rick
 
Daytona Bike week ends on March 12th........Spring break is right after that in full force.

Joy in fl
 
harleyroadangel said:
Daytona Bike week ends on March 12th........Spring break is right after that in full force.

Joy in fl

Thanks for the reply. We are under a winter storm watch for tonight, They are calling for 6 to 8 inch's of new snow. I know it's to soon for hope but just a couple days ago it was in the 50's and 60's.

We got a nice deisel truck and a 35' fifth wheel just wasting away out here in our drive. I'm ready for a climate change. :coffee2: Rick
 
Rick,
So...........all you need is time off..........you folks are all set to GO. Today, I visited the Kellyco showroom and put in for a 'headsup' as to when the big shipment arrives of the new Garrett At Pros. It should coincide with my vacation time of 3/4-3/13. I hope to drive around in my little truck and sample the coastlines .... having fun learning my detector, and hopefully meeting others.
Joy in fl
 
Already some pretty good crowds on the beach in Florida.
 
Joy- You get out and enjoy that Garrett AT Pro when you get it and let us all know how you do with it and how you like it. Been reading about it, would be nice to hear first hand how it works for you.

My wife and I are both 65 and retired. Problems been getting her to leave the kids and grand kids back here while we head south for the winter. Next year we are going south , I'm not setting here in this cold miserable weather for another winter. :coffee2: Rick
 
Joy - Thanks for the PM. Tried to PM you back but your box is full.

Wish you all the best in what ever you do and what ever decisions you make. :coffee2: Rick
 
I am headed to FL the last week of March. I hopeing the spring break has started and in full force so I can find some of that gold while I am there.......Matt
 
mlayers said:
I am headed to FL the last week of March. I hopeing the spring break has started and in full force so I can find some of that gold while I am there.......Matt

If nothing more, there will be plenty of beer cans and pull tabs to find! :tongue3:
 
True that! Only thing worse is after 4th of July and all the sparkler wires! Cant believe all those people think its OK to throw them in the water at the beach, but I say that after I find a new style pull tab that is supposed to stay on the can! Each and every time, which is a lot. Cant believe how many of the old style pull tabs are still out there.
 
Here is the list for spring break and the estimated amount of people...........

February 21-25, 2011 -- 350,000 (University of Ottawa, University of Toronto, University of Calgary, University of Waterloo)
February 28-March 4, 2011 -- 156,000 (Northeastern, U of Michigan, Western Michigan, Western Carolina)
March 7-11, 2011 -- 1,714,927 (Penn State, Université de Montréal, Gonzaga, U of Central Florida, MSU [Michigan], ISU [Illinois], NCSU, U of NC, U of SC, U of SD)
March 14-18, 2011 -- 2,212,500 (ASU, NYU, Purdue, Rutgers, U of Minnesota, U of Massachusetts, Texas Tech, CSU [Colorado], George Mason, ISU [Iowa], Texas A&M, TSU [Texas], U of Georgia, U of Iowa, U of Kentucky, U of Oklahoma, USC, U of Texas, WSU [Washington])
March 21-25, 2011 -- 885,000 (UC Berkeley, Kent State, Clemson, Kansas State, U of Colorado, U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U of Oregon, U of Maryland, U of Utah, Columbia)
March 28-April 1, 2011 -- 887,901 (U of Hawaii, CU Boulder, U of Missouri-Columbia)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom