What's new

When they tell you to not bother....GRAB EM!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Made a few calls the other day as I was trying to decide if a road trip was in order for my daily fix of CRH for halves. One bank said they had a box but I needed an account. I said I'd open one if they gave me the box. They said ok. Next bank said $1300 in rolls, available anytime. Next bank said $700 and also available. Sounded like a trip might be in order but since this was a 120 mile trek with at least $2500 in rolls available and no dump banks nearby I needed to plan it a little. I mapped out the route and stopped by my dump bank and unloaded a few bags of coin from the night before.

With cash in hand I hit the road.

Hit a few banks on the way but the plan was to drive out to the bank farthest out and work my way back. First bank was the one where they said they had the box and I needed an account. The teller said she checked with her manager and he wouldn't allow me to open an account just for the box. I told them I'd driven many miles after they said they would sell them but no luck, bummer.

Next bank had the $1300, they even gave me a canvas bag they were so ready to dump these halves. Not a good sign and I can see why, mixture of dumps and a couple skunk boxes. Pulled two from the whole lot.

Finally I hit the bank with the $700. Turns out it was $730. The teller asks if I was searching for silver. I said yes and I'd take them all as I was also looking for errors. She said she was 99.9% sure that I shouldn't bother. I heard this about a month ago and had good results. I bought them all. The teller was shaking her head as I left. I begin searching while driving back home. (As I did it I wondered how many others on the forum check rolls as they drive :tard: probably not too smart but I have good eyes) anyways after about $200 in skunk rolls I see a roll with a rip in it. It was gleaming white from within, sure enough solid silver :thumbsup:. Found another two rolls with silver, seems there were $700 in skunk rolls but I guess they missed those three! I hit a few more banks here and there on the way home and pulled another roll. Not bad for a three hour cruise :icon_king: Whenever they tell you to not bother... buy every coin they have!

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Cool finds, that's stupid that they didn't give you that box. I'd be crappy if they told me they'd sell it to me and I drove all that way. Sometime in the future you should try again...but when you try have a lot of coin to dump. Go in, open the account, everything is good...buy the box. After taking the box to your car return with a ton of change and dump it on them!

Good finds...

As for hunting while driving, I think it keeps my speed in check while going from bank to bank. Otherwise I'd be racking up speeding tickets.
 
maine_Jim said:
As I did it I wondered how many others on the forum check rolls as they drive

Maine_Jim

It's a great time saver! Why Wait? ..... Many people wait till they get home to search. I can't wait to exit the bank.

The sooner you search the sooner you dump the sooner you buy more to search dump and buy more to search dump & ................. You get the picture. LOL

Mojo
 
Mostly 40% with a few 90% Kens tossed in. I've found a few dream rolls of 90% but still waiting on a roll of Bens or Walkers... :occasion14:

Maine_Jim
 
I got a good laugh out of your comment about wondering if anyone looks at coins while driving. I have to admit that I fall into this catagory from time to time. Good finds and good luck in the future.
HH
Frank
 
maine_Jim said:
As I did it I wondered how many others on the forum check rolls as they drive :tard: probably not too smart but I have good eyes

On a true road trip...yes (you just never know if you're going to need to dump just to have cash to continue..has happened many times...sometimes multiple times in one day).

If I am only stopping at one or two places....no.
 
coinmojo said:
maine_Jim said:
As I did it I wondered how many others on the forum check rolls as they drive

Maine_Jim

It's a great time saver! Why Wait? ..... Many people wait till they get home to search. I can't wait to exit the bank.

The sooner you search the sooner you dump the sooner you buy more to search dump and buy more to search dump & ................. You get the picture. LOL

Mojo

I do it everytime I hunt!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Oh, and great dob on snaging those solid rolls!!!! Congrats!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
maine_Jim said:
The teller asks if I was searching for silver. I said yes...

Rule # 1 When asked, answer anything else but.... (e.g. building a collection, looking of errors, filling an album, etc).

There's enough competition out there. IMHO
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom