What's new

When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

Sandman

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
13,408
Reaction score
3,997
Golden Thread
0
Location
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

This morning I was able to hit a local beach that had seen alot of activity over the years and after only 3 hours I had to call it quits with only a Roach Clip to show for my efforts and it was an old one too. I didn't take my Sunspot, but a new scoop which I am testing and naturally found a mid tone target kind of deep in the clay and I couldn't get it . Now I just have to go out there with the pointy Sunspot to dig it out or it will haunt me till I croak. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

I used to flip used cars a lot back in the 80's and I would quite often find a roach clip in the cars ashtray or clipped to the sun visor or rear view mirror.

The ones on the rear view mirror often had feathers attached to them with a leather cord and I thought were rater flamboyant.

Personally I have never tried any of the stuff and being a young lad from Miami, when I joined the Army I got a lot of ribbing about drug use. People just assumed because I was from Miami, I was a drug fiend or Coke hound. I'm one of those rare people who don't even take aspirin for a headache.

Well just remember, there is always next time.
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

I never found a roach clip ,back in my army days a military issue pair of tweezers worked fine :icon_salut:
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

The last time I looked for one.

rasta-emoticon.gif
 

Attachments

  • rasta-emoticon.gif
    rasta-emoticon.gif
    4 KB · Views: 570
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

Back in the seventies...that would be a groovie find, for sure man.
As for me, yes I was there but i promise you "I never inhaled". :tongue3:
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

Not a clip but sort of the same. The blue one I eyeballed on a river dive and the rusty one came out of a local swimming beach.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0342.webp
    DSCF0342.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 777
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

new and improved --
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

Last summer I had a baggie of weed float right to me. It was mighty skunky, water got in it and boy did it Stink... :laughing7:
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

Found this a while ago at a sandbar with lots of boats & partiers. So many in fact that 4 sheriff's marine patrol boats were checking every boat that left the area for equipment, drinking etc. Well my partner & I were the last to leave so of coarse we were also given the the safety inspection. Well first off I have to explain to the officer that I have a weapon on board (with permit). Next safety equipment & have you been drinking, everythings good there. Now the last question is there anything illegal on the boat they need to know about. Well officer I found this while metal detecting and haven't opened it, so not sure what's inside it. (Sure)
I tell the officer that he may open it and look inside, which he does. He then tell's me we have a problem! (just jerking my chain)
Smiles and says you're free to go, but that sure was a good one.

WHEEEW! My advice is open it and if its something you're not supposed to have get rid of it, pronto!!!

Steve
 

Attachments

  • water proof match container resiized.webp
    water proof match container resiized.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 605
  • waterproof container contents.webp
    waterproof container contents.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 556
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

never, cause I didn't lose mine... :laughing9:
 
Re: When was the last time you found a "Roach Clip?"

While hunting by a old mill site now a turnaround, I found a sealed water tight bag about five inches long. It gave off a metal signal, so I poked it and it had something solid in it. I put my foot on it and used my digger on the edge, out fell a metal pipe a stone looking pipe another pipe and two clips with feathers attached, very colorful, another clip with a moon slide on it and a flat ceramic piece with roses. Jack POT, sorry I couldn't help it. I have gone on to open my own head shop with free inventory. I'm hungry. Art
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom