What's new

Where am I allowed to detect in NY?

zoomsszoom

Greenie
Joined
Mar 5, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cheektowaga, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never went out because I always hear about permits and restrictions. Im in wny and need to find some treasures! I get my treasures from thrift stores, auctions, estate sales, and coin roll hunting. I need another outlet.
 
Upvote 0
Contact the Erie County Department of Parks and Recreation.
They will set you up with a metal detecting permit. I have hunted a few parks and beaches in Erie County.
 
If I were you I'd go to philly, that's where all the good stuff is
 
All my best finds have been private yards that the homeowners gave permission.
 
I bet Hillary won't want to lose any voters, so see if ole Slick Willy will let you dig around in their yard...I hear they have a NY residence or 2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom