All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I was a very young boy, about 5 when I went through a bunch of boxes in the storage room in the basement and found my fathers relics. The whole tomahawk and the stone is really cool.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good question I am still searching for my first complete one. I have found two brokes one in a field and another about 10 feet of the shore around a camp site. Always wondered if there was a target area to search or just random. Would love to hear if anyone has any thoughts on increasing the likelihood of finding one.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of mine on an eroding river bank. And most quite a bit ago. Like in the 1980's. The river was flooding and I got several in a week. I got a nice hand ax/chopper this week in a plowed field. I will have to post it. I have some sick animals to tend to first.

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug mine from a colonial celler hole along with some other iron objects horse shoes part of a chain. The axe head is 1700s no doubts hand forged. The shoes cleaned up nice in a sandblaster and some other little tricks I know. I just rembered I found a blackamiths cut-off hammer in the woods diffferent state it to is colonial. good luck in the search if you find mesaage me I give yasome tips on how to restore it.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one came from a field in St Paul Kentucky in a spot that is off limits now.

Second one came from a tomato farm near Miller Ohio.

All the rest were purchases.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a modern one in my garage, never found a hardstone one because they don't exist in my area, I've only found 1 Guildford Axe (flaked/chipped) in a field in Georgia.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I found my one and only on the edge of a freshly plowed field right after a rain. This is how it looked laying there when I walked up on it.

axe1.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a few pieces in fields nothing whole. I have found a few in creeks on private property but nothing grooved just Celts.

Attachments

• SDC12144.JPG
    SDC12144.JPG
    840.5 KB · Views: 42

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one came from a field in St Paul Kentucky in a spot that is off limits now.

Second one came from a tomato farm near Miller Ohio.

All the rest were purchases.

That's really hard to believe considering ALL the amazing pieces you've been blessed to find.... Just goes to show you NEVER know!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread