Where do I go next

Well I mostly want to focus at the hanger and I want to get permission to hunt by old post because that is old WW II barracks so that should have some interesting things. My main worry out here is the landmines but I hopefully should be find but as far as digging around sidewalks I can't because they are in front of houses and I am not allowed to dig there.

~Angela

greene county==135,000.00 in cash and a large quantity of jewelry buried on farm 2 miles west of surprise in 1948 never found by family after tracy maxwells death next- captain kidd supposedly buried treasure between new york city and catskill most likely in or around leeds-3 miles north of catskill---- also a chest of gold at sleepy hollow near palenville on the east side of town, possibly in a cave......ulster county====silver has been found in several locations around woodstock,,,,also around mine hole brook between wararsing and kerhonkson,,,,,500,000.00 in gold coins buried in the 1700's at woodstock,,,,,,bootleggers used the area's of woodstock, phoenica, and east of shokan on the north side of the ashokan reservoir as bases of operations.......dutch schultz buried a 3 foot by 2 feet by 18 inch box filled with 3 and 1/2 million dollars worth of diamonds,,500,000.00 in 20 dollar gold peices,,2 million in 1000.00 bills,,and 1 million worth of negotiable liberty bonds in 1933.....his real name was arthur flegenheimer....he buried this box around one of these places;;;4.5 miles south of phoenica on highway 28 at site of burned hotel close to the road,,,east of momer mountain and south of phoenica in a stand of pines close to the road on the left bank of esopus creek,,,his helper in this burial said it was at a point where an imaginary line from mt. tobias to panther mountain intersects the road to phoenica- either hwy 28 or hwy 40,,,,,,after you find all these let me know and i will send you some more.........gldhntr

Cache Hunter in NY said:
Wow that was a very long post LoL as far that that abandoned house it wasn't my uncles house nobody knows whos house it is but I know it is safe to go to but it is boarded up real good I just wanted to do some detecting outside the house the only way I am going in there is if there is an experienced ghost hunter with me if ya know what I mean lol. Plus I don't want to break into the house because it is posted by the new york state police. When I was a kid I used to spend alot of time up there and I know it is safe to go on the land and do whatever because the cops never go and check it out but as far as breaking in I don't think I would do. I am really hoping that I can find a cache but I am pretty sure I will find some out relics because westerlo is based on an anciet indian burrial ground and also the site of civil war action. So we will see where that goes. I am not really to sure what I can find on my Uncles land because it was always just land. There are old property barriers of rock walls that I would like to search near and one of the areas behind my uncles land is just a bunch of perfect rows of pinetrees. All this is in the catskill area but I want to get deeper into the catskills. I have read so much about there being alot of burried gold coins from when gold became illegal to own in 1933. I am so excited I ordered my first detector yesterday and it shipped already. It is supposed to be here on monday. I got a Titan 2000XD with a Automax precision V2 pin pointer. I look forward to finding some things to share on here all of you have been great.? :-)

? ? ? ? ?~Angela

Can you tell me more about gold becoming illegal in 1933?

People were dangerously obsessed with gold and were killing for gold so the government decided to step in and in 1933 it became illegal for people to own gold and of course nobody wanted to get rid of all their gold so instead they burried it.

~Angela

Cache Hunter in NY said:
I am pretty sure it was because I think it was a federal law

It was a federal law, signed by FDR, and rescinded by Nixon, I believe. Part of the reason had something to do with controlling wealth and collecting the new income tax. I believe people were allowed to keep some jewelry and collector coins.

One other thing I would add about your post. I'd be careful about pinpointing locations and using full names and locations. It's a crazy, mixed-up world we live in, and gold just makes people crazier.

Angela,

Dutch Schultz's cache is gone. Read my posts. If you want my maps they're worthless now.

gary

MiddenMonster said:
Cache Hunter in NY said:
I am pretty sure it was because I think it was a federal law

It was a federal law, signed by FDR, and rescinded by Nixon, I believe.? Part of the reason had something to do with controlling wealth and collecting the new income tax.? I believe people were allowed to keep some jewelry and collector coins.?

One other thing I would add about your post.? I'd be careful about pinpointing locations and using full names and locations.? It's a crazy, mixed-up world we live in, and gold just makes people crazier.

I wonder how many old guys died, between FDR and Nixon, having stashed away a few rocks. Very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back