What's new

Where do I go to get boxes of halves ??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
None of the banks in my town carry half-dollar boxes, and most of them won't even order them for me, so, where do I go to get a box of halves, I really wanna dig thru some rolls.
 
Upvote 0
All you can do is keep asking at places until you find somebody that will order them. I've had banks offer to order boxes for me without even asking so you will eventually find a place that will get them for you.

Good luck.
 
My brother is in Wisconsin. His bank will only order $1000 bags for him, not the usual $500 boxes. Just depends on the bank. You usually have to have an account. Then you need a place to dump them. The bank that orders them for you usually doesn't take them back. I often use a local casino to dump them. Good luck....you gotta be a packerbacker.
 
gold fish said:
None of the banks in my town carry half-dollar boxes, and most of them won't even order them for me, so, where do I go to get a box of halves, I really wanna dig thru some rolls.
"And (MOST) of them won't even order them for me"

To answer your question,go to the banks that WILL order them for you and avoid the ones that won't ;)

Also you may want to start out with cents,nickels,dimes and quarter boxes first as every bank always has these on hand and you won't be charged a fee as you likely will if you order the halves :'(.Good luck...
 
schramm said:
Also you may want to start out with cents,nickels,dimes and quarter boxes first as every bank always has these on hand and you won't be charged a fee as you likely will if you order the halves :'(.Good luck...

Of the 8-10 banks/branches I have ordered halves through, fees have only been brought up 3 times. Once by a bank I didn't have an account at, one by my CU if I order high volumes continuously (a little here and there is fine), and once by one branch of a bank I have an account at. A manager or something saw me carrying out too many boxes of coin in one stop and decided if I wanted to do that I would be treated as a business customer, now I just use them as a dump branch since I buy mainly bags and usually have more coins than I know what to do with.

I happen to be near/in the twin cities so lotsa banks=lotsa competition. Small town banks I suspect would be tougher due to less competition and possibly higher fees that the bank pays for getting coins delivered. My advice is ask around, the worst thing they can do is say "no".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom