Where do Palladium Class Rings display on a 6000 DI Series 3 Detector

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a big question. If you go to the White'a Electronics Website and search for VDI Chart Image, there is a chart that I consider the "bible" of VDI numbers. Hopefully it will help you on your quest. H Digs!

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a big question. If you go to the White'a Electronics Website and search for VDI Chart Image, there is a chart that I consider the "bible" of VDI numbers. Hopefully it will help you on your quest. H Digs!

Thanks for the info, Palladium wasn't listed that I could see but the chart is nice. I am just interested in the general area that they read. It seems I have read somewhere in the past that they read in the low area near trash.

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look up a chart with the conductivities of metals listed that should give you a ballpark. Conductivity can be changed dramatically with alloys.

Last edited:

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my XL Pro - essentially the same thing - a palladium women's class ring registers as foil; right at 15 on the scale. Unfortunately, I don't have a man's size to test for you, but hope this helps.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for some then

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a4wdguy,
I had heard they read almost to iron. 15 is quite low.

On my XL Pro - essentially the same thing - a palladium women's class ring registers as foil; right at 15 on the scale. Unfortunately, I don't have a man's size to test for you, but hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread