Great pictures Randy!! Crystal clear camera!
The 2 things that surprised me the most - even though I had been warned and expected it - were....
1) If you go off the trail, the length of time it can take to go a single mile due to the obstacles - you see things in the distance that you'd swear you could get to in 30-60 minutes, but instead it takes you 3 hours.
&
2) The difference in magnitude of scale between seeing pictures and actually being there. Pictures (and this is no offense meant because your photos really are excellent) don't do justice to the height and depth of things out there. Without something as a frame of reference, it's tough to tell how tall a bush, rock or crevice is.
Oh - and I'll second, third and fourth what T. Parker said. EVERYTHING out there truly does poke, stick, grab, snag, cut, pinch, tear, bite, or otherwise contribute to bruises and cuts. I wear a long sleeve shirt, jeans, boots and leather gloves despite the heat and I still end up with scratches and holes in some of the oddest places!!!
I can't wait to come back out this October
