What's new

Where there is silver, there is no wheat.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,946
Reaction score
19,958
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an empty lot that a church uses for overflow parking, my permission is open for anytime other than Sunday mornings. There are targets everywhere, mostly trash and zincs on the surface. I cherry picked the high numbers, if there was a target below 80, I avoided it, unless it was deep. This is the kind of place that once a target is located, the dig sucks. A layer of gravel beneath the turf, followed with sugar sand. Aside from .53 in clad, there wasn't a single wheat penny to be found...
I am OK with that though, there was plenty of silver!:headbang:

The 1943 P war nickel, two Mercs, 1927, and 1942 D, and my second fat Franklin in 3 weeks...WOO HOO!!!
The pres. token was a heartbreaker.... thought it was a Large Cent.:laughing7:

image.webp

Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 54
Here you go Brad...
image.webpimage.webp
 
Looks like some great coins BWD. I would sure be digging there Monday thru Saturday !
 
BWD...congrats on an excellent hunt! I've yet to dig a Franklin, so yes..color me jealous! Funny thing, I've been hunting a huge soccer complex over the last couple years...and while I've dug enough clad to buy my new Pro Pointer (just quarters!!)...I've dug several silvers, but only TWO wheaties...go figure..I jyst try not to over think this great hobby and simply take what the soil seems fit to give up...great stuff BWD...ddf
 
Sweet silver finds! Congrats and HH
 
Good going BWD! I have to dig through gravel often in town, but when you get through it, you know your in the past:thumbsup: Happy silver day!!
 
Mining the silver again i see!
Congrats great haul!

Sometimes you just have to choose your targets, it paid you well!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom