..: Moved from HELP! over to Sub-Forums: California for more exposure :..​

goldeyedbill

Feb 10, 2018
Anderson, Ca
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking too for places to go in shasta county. after reading about having your truck taken and 10k fines jail time etc.... where are some places to try i wont get hassled at or jailed. im fine with dry panning or metal detector

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... after reading about having your truck taken and 10k fines jail time etc.... where are some places to try i wont get hassled at or jailed.....

goldeyedbill, I'm a coin/relic hunter. Have never ventured into the nugget/prospecting venue of this hobby. So I can't help you on where the best places are for nuggets.

HOWEVER, I am curious where you got this info. of someone who got "jailed" and "$10k fine" for detecting ? Do you have a link ? Ie.: a link to an actual occurrence of such a thing. Not just a link to some other md'r who floats this an an imminent fear that supposedly going to come crashing down on md'rs. If you can find ANY incident of a fine or jail for someone md'ing, it will no doubt be someone night-sneaking obvious historic sensitive monuments. Or someone being obnoxious who couldn't take a warning, etc....

I don't think you're going to find any such actual happening for someone nugget shooting in tailings piles somewhere. That is, if the topic is kept to public land anyhow. (and not talking fence hopping onto private land).

Got a link ?

OP
OP
I

Igoau

Feb 3, 2018
Redding, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much blm land & public land as far as i know. I know Clear Creek dredge piles are supposed to be off limits due to it being a greenway preserve/historical

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions