where to invest over 50k?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would stay away from CD's because the interest on them is just not that great right now. It is maybe 0.5 - 1% higher than a savings account. Have you looked into money market accounts. They have a higher rate and money is easily accessible (in case of emergency). Just a thought.

Also, I would spread it around to different banks. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Hope it helps.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
vanoldschool, I don't think inheritences are taxable, at least not now.
Check with a CPA.

lastleg

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whether you will owe any inheritance taxes will depend on what state your inheritance came from (not Uncle Sam - just went through this whole deal).

You can send the inheritance here - My address (for real) is 401K Street.

B

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
If I had that much money all at once, I would be darn careful where and what I invested in. I would diversify, however, unless you know what you are doing in these tenuous times, you can get zapped. There are some bargains in real estate and real estate is always the best investment.

I would seek safe stocks, those that pay monthly dividends like ACG or ARK, most invest in Govt securities and real estate. AVoid the stock bubbles that are fast developing (overpriced stocks).

Gold and silver are good, but personally, I think gold is too high to invest in right now, same with silver. If I put money in such I would just wait until I got a certain percentage of increase then sale for a profit.

Always hold some gold and silver as in coins (999) or 'rounds'/bars

Good luck

Floodcity kid

jamestaylor

Feb 24, 2007
You are in the Pacific Northwest....invest in a recreational piece of property....metal detect to your hearts content and land always has been a good investment....

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
vanoldschool said:
I just received an Inheritance, I am sure Uncle Sam will take about 20k Of it, I want to Diversify to different cds etc, but do not trust stocks bonds, Ira's etc

ROTH

diversifying with at least 4-5 mutual funds..............see ya mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread