What's new

Where would "YOU" start with a Relic Site like this?

McIntosh

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
Where would "YOU" start with a Relic Site like this?

:help:

I have complete access to this old homestead and I know it's never been detected. The property pre-dates 1860, the person who settled it (1845?) first lived in a "dugout" (see photo) had a 2 story house that burned down years later, there is an old still standing one room school house, a huge barn & out buildings.

Now the question is?>>>>>>Just where to start!

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • McIntosh school & map of Antelope Springs 004 (2).webp
    McIntosh school & map of Antelope Springs 004 (2).webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,451
Re: Where would "YOU" start with a Relic Site like this?

I'd start by turning your detector on, and sweeping it across the ground. :laughing9: Stuff could be anywhere! Don't over-analize or think too much. JUST DO IT!
 
Re: Where would "YOU" start with a Relic Site like this?

I'd start looking around the buildings or where old buildings used to be. Then I'd head for the oldest looking trees and along the road in front of the buildings. When I hunt around a beach I try to find an area where it looks like a couple might have gone to have some private time together. Believe it or not those private spots paid off pretty well. I agree with looking into old maps of the area. The old maps might show completely different spots that are now fields.

JRich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom