What's new

Which frequency best for coins, including silver?

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Is a 10 frequency or 14 frequency better for coins to include silver? How does this work? I see some general detectors in the 14 and up range and some in the 10 and under range. Thanks for any input.
 
my 6 khz white's responds best with silver and copper coins.

my 10 khz tesoro responds best with nickels,and other targets of the same conductivity(i,e foil,gold jewelry etc)
 
Yes, actually thinking about a Tesoro Vaquero 14.+ frequency or silver umax 10.+. frequency. I just got my Tejon a few weeks ago and love it and was curious wich would be a good coin shooter and yet a possible back up. The DFX might be going on the market. Great detector, I am not a electronic programing person and really enjoy the Tejon and Excal nobs. I don't miss the screen that much. A personal thing I guess. Simplicity for my simple mind I guess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom