What's new

Which Gold Tester?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
1,264
Golden Thread
0
Location
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did a search, and saw several people alluding to how important it is to have your own gold tester, but I didnt see any recommendations. Can any of you who have your own testers provide some input? I'd love to know what is the best bang for the buck. Thanks! :hello:
 
I don't like the acid test, requires some destruction.

I ordered a Silver Slide pushing a month ago from Malaysia as recommended by Marcha45 and haven't received it yet - though it says it's already been delivered:

Gold Silver Fastest Test Tool The Slide | eBay

Marcha45 also recommended the Precious Metal Verifier - though it's very expensive = over $800...

Sigma Metalytics - Home
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for replying and I apologize for being insulting about it (because I really dont mean to be), but that Silver Slide looks kind of lame to me. How does it test gold? I watched the video. It does not even tell you the purity of your gold like the others. Everything sliding down that thing all looked the same to me so its probably not the right tester for me.

Right now the one that looks good to me is the AuRacle AGT-1. $199. I can even get an app to do it on my iPhone. I'll probably hold off until I actually FIND some gold. Still waiting for that, lol.
 
I hadn't heard of the AuRacle AGT-1

I can't attest to the competency of the Silver Slide = since I have not received it, and may never receive it. If and when I do I'll certainly test it out and post here if I can find the thread again "someday". Tracking says it was delivered, to Roanoke, Va. I don't live there! I'm about an hour and a half from Roanoke. Maybe they can test it in the hood there.....
 
I use an RS Mizer Electronic Gold Tester. RS Mizer makes a few models. Mine tests up to 18k. Non-destructive too.
It was tricked only once in my 4yrs if using it, due to a heavy gold plate on item tested.
I refuse to use scratch stones on jewelry due to permanent damage.
If I remember correctly, it was around $120.
Good luck
Peace
 
I use an RS Mizer Electronic Gold Tester. RS Mizer makes a few models. Mine tests up to 18k. Non-destructive too.
It was tricked only once in my 4yrs if using it, due to a heavy gold plate on item tested.
I refuse to use scratch stones on jewelry due to permanent damage.
If I remember correctly, it was around $120.
Good luck
Peace

I am with Cincinnati - the Mizar is easy to use and extremely accurate.
 
I see the RS Mizer 18 K tester on ebay for about $88.00 and the RS Mizer 24 K tester for $149.00….. There is also good videos on you tube on how to use the tester..
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom