Which place to hunt....... with what...... help

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been out of pocket (not hunting) due to medical issues in the family but am getting back after it. The little community I have been hunting dates back to very early 1800's and has pretty well disappeared now. Died out in the late 1800's when the coal mines opened in a nearby town. I have quite a few scattered CW relics and think an area I am hunting is a camp but the stuff averages deeper than anyplace I have hunted in 23 years. The TN River used to flood it as well as the town pretty often until the dam system was built. Long story short I was thinking about getting an F75 due to the depth. Using a Teknetics G2 now and love it but would like more depth and have seen the F75 SE in action. Today I found an area on a spring fed creek that rocks. It was the water common for the community. Crockery pieces litter the bottom. Cut stone walls on the old road that leads in as well as around the spring. Just waded the edge for a minute and got an old pocket knife but don't want to fry my G2 by getting the box wet. I have dug many flat buttons and a few CW relics on the hill just above it. Just got permission this evening to access the spring. Last year less than a mile away I hit 2 home sites on another spring fed creek with obvious cut stone around what may have been a mill but terribly grown up (AT Pro territory). Without reveling too much I would like the depth of the F75 but could sure use a waterproof detector like the AT PRO. With the medical bills the ole wallet won't allow both for now. With all my rambling, will the AT Pro even come close to the F75 on depth. Does anyone have experience with both? Going to get one now but may be a good while on the other.

The water common
IMG_0416.jpg
Pocket knife found today
IMG_0419.jpg
From home site at other spring
IMG_0016.jpg
NY button found less than 100 yards from water common.
IMG_0024.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread