What's new

While digging your find, do most of you....?

smittyw

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
While digging out your finds, do most of you turn off your detector to conserve the batteries? I have been leaving mine on but am afraid I am probably wasting a lot of power. It is convienient to do a re-sweep when it is already working though.
 
I use a MXT & I leave it on while I dig. I don't do plugs for the most part only a probe unless I'm in a field or in the woods. My batteries last for about 40 hours of hunting & I use re-chargable ones.
 
smittyw said:
While digging out your finds, do most of you turn off your detector to conserve the batteries? I have been leaving mine on but am afraid I am probably wasting a lot of power. It is convienient to do a re-sweep when it is already working though.

Why would you do that, batteries are a lot cheaper then repairing the on/off volume pod. I do not turn off mine unless I am taking a break. If I am land hunting, my pinpointer is the DetectorPro Uniprobe, probe and detector use the same headset so I only have to change the switch to use the pinpointer.
 
I shift mine into neutral and let it idle. ;D
 
Good, I'll keep doing as I am then. Tks, was dummy question but I haven't hunted with anyone else yet and was just trying to get an idea of how others approached the issue. Dang, can't find the idle switch though!!! ha.
 
smittyw said:
Good, I'll keep doing as I am then. Tks, was dummy question but I haven't hunted with anyone else yet and was just trying to get an idea of how others approached the issue. Dang, can't find the idle switch though!!! ha.

Wasn't a dumb question, fell free to ask questions when you have them, that is how we all learned......By the way, Welcome To TreasureNet..
 
I turn mine to all metal no motion mode and lay it down about 3' from the hole pointing at the hole so I can wave clumps in front of it (if I'm on land). If I'm on the beack I empty my shovels of sand in front of it until I either hear it in front of the coil or see what I am digging for. It is a big help.
 
Don't worry.... new people get a pass. :thumbsup:


But it only lasts 1 week. :laughing7:
 
I leave it on :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom