What's new

White Quartz covered in Tellrides

OldDarrell7

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
2 weeks go I ran into a shear zone of ribbon or striped (black & white) quartz covered with thin films of what I first initially thought was some type of moss or algae, my Falcon Md 20 Detector Sang loudly of which I assumed was probably iron. When I got home I cooked these rocks in the campfire bar-b-cue set up until all were red hot then dropped them into a bucket of cold water. To my amazement, every rock magically showed gold, that's when I realized that the moss looking film apparently was Tellurides or Tellurium. That's as far as I've got so far. This is a 1/2 mile in length by 1/4 of a mile wide shear zone and apparent never, ever mined or touched which makes me the first to recognize it. Of course I need to claim it but my lack of knowledge and experience is telling me that I need a mining man or company to look at it. What are your thoughts, Thanks, Darrell
 
Photos please.

What makes you so sure what you're seeing is gold, did you test it with a gold testing kit?
 
Photos please.

What makes you so sure what you're seeing is gold, did you test it with a gold testing kit?
Yes I did test it and am soaking them in hydrochloric acid, got one small one done, man it's Awesome, the formation is like a stack of books that overhangs a creek drainage, but then there's also big folds crossing the creek running from uphill to downhill and it all looks like a layer cake, the bed of the creek is also part of it, so as it comes downhill crosses the creek bottom and runs up the other side, the top of the hills on both sides the formation runs in straight lines but in multiples. From so far of what I detected with my Falcon and my old Whites 85 to 90 percent is highly mineralized. Rounded up a close friend so we can File on it which now we're in the beginning process. No pic's yet, sorry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom