White vx3 help

ch177

Nov 6, 2022
Hopefully this is the right section for help!
I inherited this from my dad when he passed and want to start using it.

I have a basic understanding but when trying to use it, it just makes a solid beep, non stop which is crazy annoying and not correct.

Any ideas? I've checked all settings and reset the programs. It will beep louder when it finds something but the light beep never stops! It has new batteries also, l'm starting to think a coil issue.

I’ve ground balanced, and trigger is in neutral position. I have manual offline and it’s no help with this issue.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully this is the right section for help!
I inherited this from my dad when he passed and want to start using it.

I have a basic understanding but when trying to use it, it just makes a solid beep, non stop which is crazy annoying and not correct.

Any ideas? I've checked all settings and reset the programs. It will beep louder when it finds something but the light beep never stops! It has new batteries also, l'm starting to think a coil issue.

I’ve ground balanced, and trigger is in neutral position. I have manual offline and it’s no help with this issue.
I have 2 whites v3i metal detectors which are similar to the vx3. Try turning down your threshold volume. See if that helps out.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I agree, threshold is first to look at. Turn it down really low, even off. It is supposed to "hum" but not loudly. I'd thought that the reset would have lowered the hum. No rule says you even have to run a threshold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread