Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: White's 3900/D Just purchased

All i can tell you about it is if it works it is a good detector..................... It will find coins , Jewlery and metal ...Like any other detector will........... You can see & print the owners instruction manual off Whites web site .. If you don't have one............. It is a older detector but that means not a lot some of the older ones will run circles around some newer ones.... good luck to you

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Keppy said:
All i can tell you about it is if it works it is a good detector..................... It will find coins , Jewlery and metal ...Like any other detector will........... You can see & print the owners instruction manual off Whites web site .. If you don't have one............. It is a older detector but that means not a lot some of the older ones will run circles around some newer ones.... good luck to you

Here is a pic of it. I have done some research. I have also printed off operators manual. But the operators manual for 3900 D shows intensity meter. This model dosnt have that. So i checked out the 3900 DX model and it is exactly the same as what i purchased . But as you can see the pic it clearly says 3900D. Any idea???

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKocE3H!+ic3pBN5m43M!Hw~~_3[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKocE3H!+ic3pBN5m43M!Hw~~_3[1].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,307

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Looks similar to my very first machine I bought in 1979 a White's 5000-D. I found a lot of stuff with it. It does get heavy after a while. One thing that I noticed was when I tried to discriminate the foil and nails out I lost a lot of depth. But it did teach me to listen to the tones. After a while you will recognize the coin signals. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

treasurehound said:
Looks similar to my very first machine I bought in 1979 a White's 5000-D. I found a lot of stuff with it. It does get heavy after a while. One thing that I noticed was when I tried to discriminate the foil and nails out I lost a lot of depth. But it did teach me to listen to the tones. After a while you will recognize the coin signals. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully this machine will be good. I purchased it for like 48 dollars. But im currently on assignment out of country so i cant wait to get back and Use my new Ace 350 and this Coinmaster. Thanks again.

The Dukester

Aug 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I just purchased a Whites 3900/D Pro Plus metal detector and I need the battery box and all connecting parts which go with the battery box.
Can anyone sell me a bettery box in working condition?
(Edited by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread