Whites 5000/D GEB

HotRodder

Nov 14, 2006
Detector(s) used
White 5000/D CoinMaster GEB/TR Disc.
White's 5000/D GEB

I was given this detector and I'm wondering if anyone on here as used this detector. I think it is supposed to have a 12 volt battery but I seem to be able to run it on a 9 volt. Would it make any deference in finding stuff if I put a 12 v battery in it. Sofar it works quite good on 9 V.

Upvote 0
Re: White's 5000/D GEB

12V battery? What is that thing ? A microwave with a shaft attached ? I have never heard of a machine taking a battery like that. It would be heavy as hell.

I would go to the Whites web site and check for a manual for that machine, never heard of a 12 V. battery. Web site address: Whiteselectronics.com Good luck! HH

12 Volt battery is a Plastic holder with 9 Volt Connector that holds 8 - 1.5 Volt AA Batteries.

a 9 Volt Battery will NOT push 12 Volts.

I don't think 8 - 1.5's push exactly 12 either, But it's alot closer.

I have one and loved it before I got my Tesoro.. Mine has 8 AA batteries. I have the manual for it too..
I dont have a scanner so I cant scan it, but I can help if you are interested. PM me if you need help

Thanks all for the input and yes it does take a 12 volt battery or 8- 1.5 volt batteries in a holder. My question was will it operate with 9 volts as good as 12 volts. At some point in time while you are using it the 12 volt will diminish to or below 9 volts so what is the cut off point to which you have to change batteries. With the 9 volt in there it seems to work and find things quite well and must admit it is easier to carry 3 or 4 9 volt batteries than a whole pile of 1.5 volters. Thanks for the offers but I was able to download the manual for it from White's web site.
This seems like a great machine and will find out more as the weather lets me out side to try it. Thank you all

Other then the Initial loss of 3 Volts, & a little Sensitivity, by starting out,

I guess you'll just have to Figure out through use on Battery life.
Sorry.

Mike95inNJ said:
This might be the manual you're looking for.Hope it helps.
Mike in NJ
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/ma...als/CM 5000 D GEB TR D Instruction Manual.pdf
Thank you Mike, that is where I was able to download the manual from and Jeff thanks for the info. Got freezing WX and snow here so looks like spring now before I can do any hunting. It is too cold for the Old Man here to get out for very long. I might look and see if Radio shack has one of those holers for 8 batteries and work on geting that in the detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back