Whites Bonus Bucks Days?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's Bonus Bucks Days?

I got my new V3i yesterday.
Like any arrogant-tech-savvy guy... when Fed Ex delivered my detector, I immediately opened the box, pulled out all the books, advertisements, cards, and owner's manuals and put them aside. The most I did was catch a glance at the covers.
I pulled out parts one after the other... coil, rods, head unit, batteries, parts bags, charger, etc. and set them on the floor around me. I felt so good being surrounded by brand new pieces of tech gear and metal detector parts. I felt like Tony Stark but this was no Iron man armor, and the detector did not assemble itself around me or in my hand.
After assembly, I air tested, played with the features, and took pictures of the V3i with my smartphone. I took pictures like a new father would of his newborn child. Posing the V3i next to my Etrac and AT Pro, as if a family photo. I blogged about my new addition to my arsenal and family.
This morning, I took the V3i out into my back yard. A you I am renting and just moved into last month. Virgin ground. I dug everything including the notorious pull tabs and hit a small silver heart. A charm off of a girl's necklace. Bingo! the V3i now had a new fan.
After my 1 hour yard test, I decided to go see what was in the pile of paper and books I created yesterday after unboxing the V3i. Registration card from White's, the owner's manual book, a thank you from KellyCo, a 'don't return this unit if you are missing anything' note, the pick ticket and receipt from KellyCo, and a White's Bonus Bucks book!
What the heck is a White's Bonus Bucks Book?!?!?!
Apparently, this month when you buy a White's detector you get a 'Bonus Bucks Book'. It gives you bonus bucks to spend in the catalog depending on what detector you get! I got the V3i s I got $200 Bonus bucks!
The catalog had all the White's coils, headhpones, pinpointers, coil covers, bags, books, hats, backpacks, diggers, etc at their retail prices.
My business-thinking mind stopped at the V3i wireless headphones for $200 bonus bucks! I paid $1600 for my White's V3i and wireless headphones (thru KellyCo). Why didn't I just order the V3i, MINUS the wireless headphones, and then use the Bonus Bucks to get them for free?!?!?! Probably because I didn't know about the Bonus Bucks Book!
I then thought... HEY! get the wireless headphones and sell them on Ebay for $150 and make some quick cash! then the V3i with wireless headphones only ran me $1450 ! ! ! !
I decided that I would spend the Bonus Bucks and get a 4X6 DD Eclipse coil, 4X6 coil cover, and the White's padded carry bag. I need a carry bag to store each detector in because I have an evil all black cat named 'Inky' that likes to chew wires on electronics. The softer wires the better, as I think it feels good on the gums of his fangs. Yeah... 3 Ipods and 0 headphones and earbuds right now because of him, as well as a useless Samsung smart phone charger.
It pays to check out the stuff that comes with your new detector... and Bonus Bucks pays off as well!

Attachments

• bonus bucks book.jpg
    bonus bucks book.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 125

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for sharing

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt be without my wireless headphones and the bonus pack has been shown on the Whites site, along with tons of info on the V3i.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread