whites Coin Master GT?

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig the solid repeatable beeps. Turn on the Tone ID. If you are pinpointing a target and the VDI goes to a negative number chances are it is a junk target. Leave the sensitivity at the stock setting till you get used to the machine. Then crank it up. Sweep slowly and overlap your swings a little. Dig the pull tabs and foil to find the gold rings. Depth is accurate on coin sized objects. If it says quarter at 4 inches and you dig 8 inches deep then it is a large target that is deeper. Have fun!!

OP
OP
D

Dirty D

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2013
Ok thanks how about the trac lock when I was using it yesterday at the park behind my house I noticed the trac lock was flashing on the screen is that the auto ground balancing. I live in NC so the dirt in this area is sandy.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After you ground balance you can lock it so that it doesn't auto adjust. The conditions that make that desirable are really rather rare. I'd leave trac lock off and let the detector automatically adjust the ground balance.

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT & MineLab 505 on loan
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trust Issues with Coinmaster GT

To save a new thread from being opened, I can ask my questions here: What are your recommendations for Discriminations? At this time I mute the Nail, Horseshoe and 2 Foils.

Is it worth leaving the Foils alone so I hear the gold rings come through? Could I strictly use the VDI to look for the gold or is it an Identical VDI reading for foil and gold? I'm honestly more of a coin hunter and don't "dig everything."

When detecting with Tone ID on, it'll ring a +81 strong for a target (repeatedly).. I switch to Pinpointer Mode and I get all negatives (Iron zone. . .) Is this just a gremlin of this detector (CoinMaster GT) or should I trust the initial sweep numbers??

I typically won't dig that target when the Pinpointer mode goes to negative numbers.. even when the sweep came back with +81 / +85.

Who do you trust?

Thanks.

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Coin GT but have not used it enough to comment other than I hate the way the lower shaft wobbles. If you post your questions on the Whites forum you will get the answers you are looking for.

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John I haven't had my detector show signs of that loose wobble. Hoping it doesn't surface.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry, if it does happen, White's will take care of you. I just haven't gotten around to calling them yet.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To save a new thread from being opened, I can ask my questions here: What are your recommendations for Discriminations? At this time I mute the Nail, Horseshoe and 2 Foils.

Is it worth leaving the Foils alone so I hear the gold rings come through? Could I strictly use the VDI to look for the gold or is it an Identical VDI reading for foil and gold? I'm honestly more of a coin hunter and don't "dig everything."

When detecting with Tone ID on, it'll ring a +81 strong for a target (repeatedly).. I switch to Pinpointer Mode and I get all negatives (Iron zone. . .) Is this just a gremlin of this detector (CoinMaster GT) or should I trust the initial sweep numbers??

I typically won't dig that target when the Pinpointer mode goes to negative numbers.. even when the sweep came back with +81 / +85.

Who do you trust?

Thanks.

If you are coin shooting, discing out two foils is no big deal. You are leaving nickels and small gold, but saving lots of time and effort not digging foil and many tabs.

Pinpoint is an all metal mode. It will not give a valid VDI. You are walking away from good targets.

Last edited:

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well that's a kick in the balls. Here I am trusting pinpointer mode. New plan: re-hunt all previous areas only using Pinpointer to.. Well pinpoint! Tell me this is a common misconception so I can sleep tonight

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can honestly say this is not the first time this has come up. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread